Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2003, 02:36 PM   #1
Indemaijinj
Symbol of Cyric

I have a problem: The Nalia romance seems to screw up all of Kelsey's dialogue making the game crash whenever he is around.

I've tried reinstalling Kelsey with little effect.

Now, how do I uninstall the Nalia romance? I really don't want to do an entire resinstall again.
Old 06-18-2003, 02:41 PM   #2
andrewas
Harper

Unless you took a snapshot of the game before installing Nalia, you are stuffed. This is why non-weiDU mods are *evil*.

If you did take a snapshot (IE a copy of the chitin.key, dialogue.tlk and the override folder) just restore it and re-install kelsey.
Old 06-18-2003, 02:54 PM   #3
Indemaijinj
Symbol of Cyric

I don't (though I have backups of a lot of other stuff), any way I can extract the Chitin.key and Dialog.tlk from the install cd's (or something else).
Old 06-18-2003, 06:43 PM   #4
jcompton
Elminster

Sorry. Reportedly everything DOES actually work if you install Arnel's Nalia first, but if you put it atop ANY other mod, you'll break stuff.

I don't know how to pull those files off the CD. If you have a high-speed connection and want to PM me your ICQ or AIM details, perhaps we can arrange a transfer of my patented restore files.

(Kids, if you want your own patented restore files, here's what you do:
Clean out your entire BG2 drawer. Uninstall it, and nuke it.

Install SOA
Install TOB
Install TOB patch from Bioware
Back up dialog.tlk, chitin.key, and your override directory in a big zip or RAR file and keep it somewhere safe.

Then, when your game gets hosed, just delete the existing dialog.tlk, chitin.key, and override, and extract your backup! If you had WeiDU mods installed, delete weidu.log at this point.)