Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2003, 08:15 PM   #1
Mahlennacht
Drow Warrior

I can't seem to direct actions for my cat familiar anymore. I want it to do recon and to detect traps, but I cannot do anything but talk to it. Moving the cursor over it only gives a dialog icon. (Is it possible to *feed* the cat, as it requests?)

Now, it did get hit with a Domination spell a while back, and it was a "red-circle" for a few rounds, also taking some heavy damage from somewhere at that time. (I don't believe I was the one that caused the damage.) I healed it with Bhaalspells.

I've tried Ctrl-Q'ing it but that just makes it a party member. I've SK'd the GlobalVariable "FAMCAT" to = 1 but that just adds another familiar, and neither of them were "directable". I also Ctrl-K'd the cat to eliminate it, and tried to cast FindFamiliar again, but the game sez I already have a familiar. I killed the cat (losing a point of CON), cast FindFamiliar again, and tried to delete the GlobalVariable "Sprite_Is_DeadFamiliar", but the game still gives my CON as a RED 17. Of course I can just change my CON to 19, but I'll get a red 18 in my stats - just doesn't seem right.

If anyone cares to suggest a fix I'd appreciate it, otherwise I'll carry on with a 17 CON - I'll just say it was brain-damaged in the fight, and I had to put it out of its misery. I don't have a save game before that happened.

T'anx
Mahlennacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2003, 10:42 PM   #2
Arias De'Minal
Manshoon

you will always have the constitution minus no matter if you have a familier or not. And do you have the patch? I know they used it to fix alot of familliar bugs.
Old 02-22-2003, 10:54 PM   #3
Mahlennacht
Drow Warrior

Yeah I've installed practically every official and Baldurdash patch (SoA only though, not ToB)

I just thought I could edit the 17 CON back to 18, as if killing the familiar never happened. No big deal, I think the loss of CON only gives me one less HP per level or something. Gives some character - I never heard of anyone losing their familiar before
Old 02-22-2003, 11:44 PM   #4
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

If you are a single class mage, having a CON of 17 rather than 18 makes no difference - any constitution score of 16 or above gives you +2 hitpoints.

Only fighters truly benefit from high constitution scores (ignoring regenerations/poison saves at really high scores).
Old 02-22-2003, 11:54 PM   #5
Mahlennacht
Drow Warrior

Dace, sorry I didn't say I was soloing a blade at the moment. Don't know if it makes any difference, but thanks much for the info nevertheless
Old 02-23-2003, 12:31 PM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Bards do not get HP bonuses either, after 16 CON. Only Warrior-types do.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote