Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2001, 12:00 AM   #1
homer
Manshoon

I have read that this game will be geared at multiplayer. I will be very disappointed if the single player gaming aspects suffer as a result of this. I personally never play these types of games in a multiplayer atmosphere.
Old 11-15-2001, 07:40 AM   #2
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

quote:
Originally posted by homer:
I have read that this game will be geared at multiplayer. I will be very disappointed if the single player gaming aspects suffer as a result of this. I personally never play these types of games in a multiplayer atmosphere.

Well the aim is to be a single part as well and the adventure with the game will be calculated a 60 hours long experience.. And you will be able to share adventures both for single and multiplayer experiences. The game will however only let you control one character, even in single player.

I think that even though I will probably not play as much online as I wish too, I think the game looks to be a great game for singleplay as well. And well, there are a couple of good guys around here on IW that can share their little adventures and let us explore more dungeouns, cities and so on! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Donīt eat the yellow snow
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2001, 04:35 PM   #3
homer
Manshoon

The game will however only let you control one character, even in single player.

Is that to say I will only make the main character as in Baulder's Gate or is it that even when NPC's join my party I will have no control over thier actions?
Old 11-15-2001, 05:31 PM   #4
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

quote:
The game will however only let you control one character, even in single player.

Is that to say I will only make the main character as in Baulder's Gate or is it that even when NPC's join my party I will have no control over thier actions?

Some characters will join you, and you'll be able to hire merc's as well i think. Though you'll never control them direcly.(unless you transfer control of your own char to the computer, and that only works with summoned creatures)

[ 11-15-2001: Message edited by: Dreamer128 ]

Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2001, 01:02 AM   #5
DeadDancingShape
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The GM interface and being only able to control 1 char *could* mean there will be some actual roleplaying in multiplayer... can't say i feel ad about that...
Old 11-20-2001, 04:50 PM   #6
homer
Manshoon

quote:
Originally posted by DeadDancingShape:
The GM interface and being only able to control 1 char *could* mean there will be some actual roleplaying in multiplayer

While i do agree with this, my main concern was in the single player mode.
Old 11-21-2001, 07:00 AM   #7
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

quote:

While i do agree with this, my main concern was in the single player mode.

You better get used to the feeling of beeing alone.. There will be servers where player vs player will be allowed! Hehe, can we see Wah battling the OHF in your minds?? I will personally make a big evil castle for Wah! [img]smile.gif[/img] hehe! (Have to add that this is a might so lishy wont play no more freesbee with me anymore if I donīt make him a castle..) [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Donīt eat the yellow snow
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote