Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2002, 06:14 AM   #1
Warhammer
Baaz Draconian

A bunch of very nice items!

Normal mode, Paladin/Fighter 6/6.
!
!
!
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
!
!
!
!

A couple of advices, beware of cheese:
1/ Boost the character with everything you have, haste, stoneskin, protection form fire, ghost armor, hope,... everything.
2/ Save before each fight. Avoid (reload) elementals since they can't be killed within the time limit (at least I couldn't)
3/ If you place other characters on the rightmost square, they won't be teleported and can actually help you with the first couple of fights.
4/ Some very big monsters can't go through the door (where the golem stands) because of their size but your character can...rapid shot anyone ?
5/ One of the early rewards is a weapon particularly usefull against undead and demons, very usefull in battle ranks above 6, since all the monsters are undead and outsiders, so use it!

Took me a whole night to get through it, but it was worth it,... [img]redface.gif[/img] off to bed I go!
Old 09-14-2002, 10:32 AM   #2
Case00
Manshoon

Your making it too complicated. The only spell you need is improved invisibility. Cast that on your tank and go to work. The was only one monster out of the entire set that could see invisible creatures, and it seemed quite susceptible to the club of disruption. I would recommend a paladin if you have one since they are immune to fear.

What do you think about those end bracers..? pretty sweet. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Case00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2002, 11:59 AM   #3
Grishnakh
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I also beat it . It took me a lot of time but it worth it.
I used my human female cleric level 10. All you need is the spell Animate dead. First you place your party in the room north of the Game Room. You summon six undead (Boneguards or Zombie lords). You place them in the most eastern part of the room. Activate the lever . After the golem goes to the door, but before you pick a square place your undead minions very close to the middle square where the monsters spawn.Make sure you are not on that square for the golem will teleprt them away. After you did this pick a square. The monster will attack immediately your undead minions, but it will go down very fast. You just sit there and do nothing. On ranks 8-10 the monsters become very powerful so you will need to cast on your undead Haste, bless, recitation or any boost spell that you have. Avoid elementals and apocaliptic falmeguards for they are very difficult .Just load again till you get an easier monster(cornugon, glabrezu, remorhaz etc)
Grishnakh is offline   Reply With Quote