Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2002, 07:45 PM   #1
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Hi there I'm a new bie and there's some question marks in my mind. I'll be very happy if you can help me.

1-Spellcraft is useful for Clerics too?

2-Armor Arcana is useful? It sounds good to spend 2 slot for this feat and then I can wear any leather armor. If I found a +4 leather it means +6 AC! But I think that there must be lots of bracers of defence. (is there any??) if yes, I wont spend my slots for this feat.

3-What about dash? Moving %15 faster could be useful in my opinion.

4-I need some advices for wizard feats. Which ones are "must"? Spell penetration sounds amazing!

5-Am I wrong or right? I think there isnt any useful skill for my fighter. Bluff,Diplomacy are my bard's job not my fighter's. Pickpocket,search,spellcraft too! Only concreation and wilderness lore are useful for fighters I think?

6-Which cleric kit you're playing? I like the lathander!

7-Finally, last question! My party is Human Fighter (focusing on swords&bows) Dwarven Fighter (focusing on axes&hammers) cleric (healer) wizard (intelligent guy) Bard (leader for fun I like bards) and Rogue. I'm undecided about make a bard/rogue character and take another fighter as sixth member OR keep the pure bard and make a rogue/ranger character? rogues are good? should I multiclass them?

thanks for your help..

*do you think that portraits are ugly? I think so! I miss BG2 portraits
I can feel the touch of wind on my face. Strong wind was slapping my face. I can feel the ground shake. The sky roars with vengeance and fury. From the shadows, I heard the Archmage's words:"İbne Fenner!" And then..I can't remember the rest..
Zoltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 10:10 PM   #2
DraconisRex

Oh, now you're posting in the correct forum, eh?

1. Yes, for counterspelling. However, if you have a mage, your mage will take care of the counterspelling task of identifying the incoming spell.

2. Yes, it is a nice feat. I use it myself.

3. Especially for mages. Run away! Run away!

4. Spell penetration. Combat casting. Anything that improves concentration. Spell focus if one of those areas is a main area for you (like enchantment). There are four elemental focuses too. Each gives you a 5/- resistance to the elemental damage and makes your elemental damage spells better. Also, work on your missile weapons. There will be times that you will be down to missiles.

5. Intimidate. Wilderness lore. That's about it.

6. I play Lathander, Ilmater, Mask, Selune. Maybe one or two others. I experiment a lot.

7. I don't use a full-time rogue. I multi-class a woodelf (sorcerer) or teifling (mage) or female drow (cleric) or gnome (illusionist) half-elf/human/dwarf (fighter).
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?<br /><br />Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur.<br /><br />Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
DraconisRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 11:18 PM   #3
Kalak
The Magister

Pure bards suck...however, thieves aren't really that helpful in combat unless they are fighter/thief or some other multiclass despite the fact that sneak attacks are nasty...I'd say go bard/rogue and that way he can SING his way through battle ;-P
Old 09-14-2002, 04:31 AM   #4
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Thank you for your comments. Any more comments on Armor Arcana? is there any bracers of defence in IWD2??

And what's the xp cap of IWD2?
I can feel the touch of wind on my face. Strong wind was slapping my face. I can feel the ground shake. The sky roars with vengeance and fury. From the shadows, I heard the Archmage's words:"İbne Fenner!" And then..I can't remember the rest..
Old 09-14-2002, 05:38 AM   #5
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I have bracer that raise my armor by 4 points.
Old 09-14-2002, 07:53 AM   #6
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Well, so let's make a conclusion!

*Dash is useful for only mages and rogues.

*Armor arcana is not useful for mages it wastes 2 slot and there's bracers of defence in game.

*I'll make a bard/rogue
Old 09-14-2002, 08:32 AM   #7
flibulzbuth
Drow Warrior

Dash is very useful for the cleric when he needs to land a land a cure wound spell very fast.

Also, i chose the god of war (always forget its name) for my dwarven cleric. The axe weapon focus is a plus if you want to have him fight and the bonus spells he gets always include a very useful buff.
Old 09-14-2002, 02:44 PM   #8
Alaric
Manshoon

I also give Dash to my frontline fighters. It comes in handy when charging a enemy spell caster.

Armored Arcana is only useful if you are going to wear armor. If you are going to go with a Rogue/Bard and plan on wearing armor than this could be a good feat for this character to learn since a second level Bard can cast arcane spells.
Alaric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 09:06 PM   #9
Azred
Drow Priestess

Quote:
Originally posted by Zoltan:
Hi there I'm a new bie and there's some question marks in my mind. I'll be very happy if you can help me.

1-Spellcraft is useful for Clerics too?

Spellcraft is useful for any class.

2-Armor Arcana is useful? It sounds good to spend 2 slot for this feat and then I can wear any leather armor. If I found a +4 leather it means +6 AC! But I think that there must be lots of bracers of defence. (is there any??) if yes, I wont spend my slots for this feat.

Not really; use your Feats for other things, like Spell Penetration.

3-What about dash? Moving %15 faster could be useful in my opinion.

For fighters, yes. For others, not as useful.

4-I need some advices for wizard feats. Which ones are "must"? Spell penetration sounds amazing!

Spell Penetration x2, Combat Casting, and Subvocal Casting for starters.

5-Am I wrong or right? I think there isnt any useful skill for my fighter. Bluff,Diplomacy are my bard's job not my fighter's. Pickpocket,search,spellcraft too! Only concreation and wilderness lore are useful for fighters I think?

I have given several levels of Move Silently to my front-line fighters; they can sneak up to enemies and get the first strike.

6-Which cleric kit you're playing? I like the lathander!

Lathander.

7-Finally, last question! My party is Human Fighter (focusing on swords&bows) Dwarven Fighter (focusing on axes&hammers) cleric (healer) wizard (intelligent guy) Bard (leader for fun I like bards) and Rogue. I'm undecided about make a bard/rogue character and take another fighter as sixth member OR keep the pure bard and make a rogue/ranger character? rogues are good? should I multiclass them?

That is entirely up to you.

*do you think that portraits are ugly? I think so! I miss BG2 portraits

Not really; I think they're just fine. [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote