Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2001, 01:37 PM   #1
smarker
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm a newbie to IWD and was wondering if you can get anything good by pick pocketing the people in town?

Thanks
smarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2001, 01:42 PM   #2
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Certainly!

Pickings in Easthaven are a bit slim, BUT things start to get interesting in Kuldahar! AND if you have HOW, there are a number of nice items to be had in Lonelywood as well!

If you want more details, check out some of the older posts .. i think I saw a very comprehensive list of potential "donators" just a few days ago.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2001, 02:46 PM   #3
Lord Teppenwolfe
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Welcome to the forum Smarker! I didn't take the time to pick any pockets in Easthaven but when I arrived in Kuldahar, I took advantage of those thieving skills. I lifted a Ring of Free Action off Arundel and also a Ring of Free Action and a Necklace of Spell (something) off of the guy in the mage tower. I haven't the skill to pick the lock in the smithy's shop yet, but I've not found anything else of importance just yet.

Lord Teppenwolfe
Lord Teppenwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2001, 01:54 AM   #4
Icewind-Newbie
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yup you can steal from the ppl in Kuldahar but i suggest u save before each steal becos if you have any unsuccessful steal the target will attack you!
Icewind-Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2001, 09:02 AM   #5
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

YOu can also get some nice potions from the gnome in Kuldahar. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2001, 01:41 PM   #6
Merlin_the_Arch-Wizard
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The Gnome has a Ring of +2 protection, 2 oils of fiery burning, and 1 potion of firebreath. Orrick has the necklace of spell *+1 second level spell* and a ring of free action. Arundel has a ring of free action. No one else in town that know of has anything good.
Old 12-08-2001, 05:01 AM   #7
bjornm
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The Smithy in Kuldahar [SPOILER]:
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
Either use Knock spell to open chest or save smith's son. You get Conlan's Hammer (+1/+4 vs Iron Golems). I never had any luck lockpicking or bashing this chest.
bjornm is offline   Reply With Quote