Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2003, 04:28 PM   #1
perlninja
Dungeon Master

Malavon petrified my beautiful fighter/mage. After returning to Malavon's lair with some stone-to-flesh scrolls, I can't find my character to free him, and yes, his portrait still exists with no detriment other than the petrification sigil. Am I missing something here? I'll be VERY put out if my character is somehow irrecoverable. I've since saved several times since I assumed that I could un-petrify him in Kuldahar or at least use a scroll on-site. GRRRRRR!!!!

On a side note, I'd be interested to know how other people defeated Malavon. I called a water elemental and hasted/chanted/blessed/lucked my party, killed Malavon's first form immediately with projectiles, cursed/greater malisoned the enemy party, then waded in swinging. Malavon himself played some cat and mouse in his second incarnation, but I managed to get him alone and shot him to death. Right before he bit it he petrified my mage.
perlninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2003, 05:19 PM   #2
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

Sorry to hear that, but I can't say I've ever had a character petrified by him. Still, he should be where you left him. If not, then you might be able to CLUA them back to you. Or, try using Dalekeeper and see if you can't get them back that way. (I think that if you fiddle around with your party in the editor some, he may just be right with your party when you go back into the game.)
Old 06-22-2003, 06:04 PM   #3
perlninja
Dungeon Master

CLUA?
Old 06-22-2003, 06:46 PM   #4
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

The CLUA console was built into the game by the Bioware team. It does allow you to perform some editing functions (though that isn't its primary purpose). If you want to find out more about it, go to this part of the TeamBG website.

I'd considering giving the Dalekeeper method a go as well though.
Old 06-23-2003, 02:17 AM   #5
ZFR
Legion Symbol

A petrified character goes to pieces if he takes any damage...

try ordering one of your guys to 'attack' the petrified character by selecting the attack icon and then clicking on the portrait of the petrified one... he should move to the place where the petrified character is...

another option is to try and resurrect him with the resurrect or raise dead spell, again by targeting the portrait..
Old 06-23-2003, 03:49 PM   #6
NobleNick
Quintesson

Where is Malavon? I'm up to schlogging through Dorn's Deep; but haven't met him yet.

Perlninja, I save about every 10 minutes, and save to a new file name about every 1-2 hours, to ensure that I can always recover from a fatal error with a minimum of back-tracking.

[ 06-23-2003, 03:55 PM: Message edited by: NobleNick ]
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 04:32 PM   #7
perlninja
Dungeon Master

Malavon carries one of the 6 badges required to open to way to the final boss. You can find him in the the Artisan's District in Lower Dorn's Deep. Tough battle, that. By the way I "found" my character. When they say "return to the area where you character was petrified" they really mean "area". I used a stone to flesh scroll at the doorway to the building, rather than the specific room where I fought Malavon, and recovered my character. Since then, I beat Icewind Dale and am enjoying the struggles with HoW...quite a challenge since the final battle slew two of my character, such that they had no gear upon importing them into HoW. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-24-2003, 12:11 PM   #8
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Malavon also makes in appearance in IWDII. It was kind of a cool substory that carried over from the first one. The question is is Malavon in IWD really Malavon? (Find out in IWDII)
[img]graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[ 06-24-2003, 12:12 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote