Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2002, 05:13 PM   #11
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Forget the errors, they don't happen all that often, I shut down normally because I'd rather spend a few extra seconds then than more seconds waiting for ScanDisk to hurry up and finish.
Old 05-06-2002, 05:14 PM   #12
lroyo

I work in the IT industry and to be honest, I've seen a thousand computers turned off in this fashion without ill effects. It's the 2 or 3 that have completely stuffed up that cause me to always shut my computer down properly. Surely the small time it takes to shut down your computer is worth it to save the hours it takes to rebuild your system.

Oh well..if people are that lazy....I'll always have a job!

Old 05-06-2002, 11:03 PM   #13
Animal
Gold Dragon

By going to start > shut down you're giving windows the chance to save any random information that may be floating around in ram or the swap file. Like everyone else said, it probably won't harm much if it doesn't shut down properly, but windows can be real finicky. The one time it does mess up, it will really mess up. My advice: Shut down propery to avoid any potential headaches.
Old 05-06-2002, 11:05 PM   #14
Animal
Gold Dragon

By going to start > shut down you're giving windows the chance to save any random information that may be floating around in ram or the swap file. Like everyone else said, it probably won't harm much if it doesn't shut down properly, but windows can be real finicky. The one time it does mess up, it will really mess up. My advice: Shut down propery to avoid any potential headaches.