Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2002, 09:03 AM   #1
Olli Kalma

I was wandering, do you know any good method to get those shells that be needed to build underwater breathing devices?

This faar I've only collected 6, so two of my party members has those devices.

I was sailing over three hours in lost sea to find crabs and not all of them drop shells when died. I tried to steal some, but it's slowly prosess.
( I have picpoketing skill 5 )

Now I think, should I take only my priest and rogue to Collasium?
I don't doubt that they wouldn't survive without others, but I sure wanted to take others in adventure too!

How to get easily 12 shells?
Is there any place where crabs are breeding more often?

P.s. I have turned creature spawning to highest rate.
Old 12-20-2002, 09:32 AM   #2
oldmurph
Elite Waterdeep Guard

perstistance, they will be available eventually, equip the ones you have and lead a small party to the ocean floor, worse thing that could happen is you would gain experiance points from the sharks.
you could try swapping the shells around from char to char while selling them, before the ship builder's speech is finished. may work. wish I could offer more
Old 12-20-2002, 02:59 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

So many players have expressed difficulty in finding those shells so I know it is a problem, one that I never experienced personally.

Do you have a character with scouting skill? I just sailed around between Brimloch Roon and Skull island and whenever my scout said that there were crabs nearby, jumped over board and went to find them.

You can go to Collasium with less than your whole party, but I really liked taking everyone.

Hope you find enough shells soon!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 04:34 PM   #4
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

Another helpful tip....
If you have someone who has pickpocket skills....try to steal them, from the crabs. This way you have multiple chances, with each crab. If you kill them.....you may/may not, get a shell...

And oldmurph, is almost right... [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img] ....If you do it, by clicking on different characters, you can use 3 shells...to get gear, for everyone.
Old 12-20-2002, 04:40 PM   #5
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

And IIRC, when you bring the shells back, the shipmason creates three pieces of equipment. So you should be able to buy a total of three helmets and breathers with one batch, and six with two. Statistically, that should give you three full sets, not two; with the next batch you bring in, you should be well on your way (especially since he usually has some stock when you first get there).

Other than that, just keep hunting them down. And keep trying to steal; in my last game, that's all my best thief did during combat with crabs.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2002, 12:32 AM   #6
kev
Drizzt Do'Urden

Try swimming instead of sailing to find crabs. You end up with a lot more experience from combating the other bities in the sea & I reckon you encounter more crabs as well.
Also, do try to steal every time you encounter a crab.
Old 12-22-2002, 08:38 AM   #7
Olli Kalma

I did go into Collasium by two characters, didn't get so many shells, even when I tried to steal them.

Now I'm stuck in Collasium.... Well if want to know more, check message: Stuck in Collasium.