Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2002, 05:50 AM   #1
Sparkitus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi y'all, still playing at 2:45 (just...... one...... more ...... battle......)

Q on Bard..... I have a hobbit Bard, str 52, and dex 87 , int 76 and music skill 47.

He uses a LOT of stamina playing the instruments and has to be pumped up at least 2 times a battle. I've checked. He's not overburdened.

What should I increase to decrease the stamina drain? I thought that music skill might be tied into this, but then again, maybe I just have to increase strength?

Any help appreciated!
Sparkitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 05:56 AM   #2
Warhammer
Baaz Draconian

Vitality, Piety and/or Strength.

Though it will not decrease the stamina drain you will have more stamina points to start with.
Old 01-23-2002, 06:51 AM   #3
chimera99
The Magister

You can boost your music skill quickly (to 65+) by the way. Just use the charm instrument on NPCs and charm them until your stanima is draines, get you stamina back up and do it again. You'll get an aditional point every 1-2 tries. It can save a bunch of level up points for other skills. (Don't use Antone for this. Rumor has it that if you hit a bad note he becomes personally offended and tries to kill you.)
chimera99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 02:17 PM   #4
Knarfling
Drow Warrior

Definately improve your music skill. I love the bard and would not want to do without her. I think the reasoning is that as you get more skilled in music, it takes less effort to play the instrument. The effect is that your stamina drain is less when your music skill is high. When my current bard first got the pipes, she could play them twice before she knocked herself unconcious. Without leveling up, I boosted her skill by making her use those pipes over and over. She can now play them 3 times before she is low on stamina.

I play a female bard because she can use the necklace of endurance. I just got it and I love it. That also helps to keep up her stamina. It wont prevent me from having to use the rest spells, but I will use them less often and never after a battle.

Knarfling.
Old 01-23-2002, 11:37 PM   #5
ice3
Drow Warrior

Strenght is the best booster. I did push a lot vitality since the begining because many monsters liked to hang on my bard Now it's better. I can play 4 times before the bard sleeps from exausting work.

I push of cours music skill as high as I can because it's vital. Reading the posts here it seems that it helps too.

Bard Rock! Especially in the first part of the game, the pipes a just killing machines! [img]tongue.gif[/img] I love play a concert for a big group of Ants or Forest Mites hehehe....
Old 01-24-2002, 12:34 AM   #6
Verdant
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Boosting the music skill helps quite a bit over time. Also, I just make sure that I have number of stamina potions around for "encores." Beyond that, eat right and get plenty of exercise. = )

V
Old 01-24-2002, 12:40 AM   #7
Goumindong
Manshoon

IF you have a priest or a gad, when you get the superman spell, cast it on your pard, see what happens... DOUBLE THE AMOUNT OF STAMINA!!!! hu ha ha ha ha haha ha...
Goumindong is offline   Reply With Quote