Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2003, 05:33 AM   #1
The Cavalier
Manshoon

Well? I'm talking about some you can use to play the pnp game, or just about any period. I saw some one wizards.com, but they only had a few. I saw a couple on another sight, but there were only a few there. there has got to be more (D&D has been around long enough), and there's gotta be a site that has alot. Are there any rcomendable shops that sell other fantasy figures that would be possible to use?
Old 01-21-2003, 08:08 AM   #2
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

They are sold here in Knoxville at a store called THE GAME BOARD. They are mall store. They have the biggest selection I've found. They also have a pretty good selection of pnp D&D.
Old 01-21-2003, 08:47 AM   #3
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

Question Mark

I can think of several places online. Try these.

RAFM Games and Minis

RPGNow has lots of game aids, including paper Mini's

GamingMiniatures.com. They are a middleman for several of the big mini companies, and have all kinds of mini's, from historical to fantasy to high tech.

Reaper Minis. A personal favorite.

Ral Partha Europe. Another favorite. This is their fantasy/sci-fi site. Ral Partha's Main Site is mostly for their Miniature-based games.

And, of course, E-Bay is always a good choice

And, when all else fails, there's always your local hobbystore. [img]smile.gif[/img]

PS: I found all of these after spending about 2 minutes on Alltheweb searching for Fantasy Miniatures. Just a suggestion, use Google, Alltheweb, or just about any other online search engine, and you'll save all concerned a *lot* of time. [img]smile.gif[/img]

"May the wings of liberty never lose a feather!"
Old 01-21-2003, 09:58 AM   #4
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Also, search for Reaper Miniatures online - they're a great competitor to Ral Partha.

BTW, though I own TONS of their miniatures, just know that Ral Partha is owned by FASA is owned by Micro$oft - just an FYI.
Old 01-21-2003, 10:01 AM   #5
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

don't forget the Warhammer people, their mini's are alot of fun to paint and the warhammer fantasy mini's can be used for D&D (most of them)
Old 01-21-2003, 10:03 AM   #6
The Cavalier
Manshoon

Thanks for the sites and suggestions everybody.

Quote:
Originally posted by Nachtrafe:
PS: I found all of these after spending about 2 minutes on Alltheweb searching for Fantasy Miniatures. Just a suggestion, use Google, Alltheweb, or just about any other online search engine, and you'll save all concerned a *lot* of time. [img]smile.gif[/img]
geez, are you trying to hint something to me?
Old 01-21-2003, 01:28 PM   #7
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

My own model is a custom job, See what I did was I couldnt find Just the right combination for my character, so I found a Mordenheim Figure with a nice bow and cape but he was holding a short sword, and a then I found a really nice naturalist model from the Reaper Minis website, I basically broke the sword off, took off naturalis's scythe and glued it into the guys hand. Its a big model that takes up alot of space but has a fairly small base as small as bases go.

Here's a little Diarama of it so you can have a looksee [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I got a kid who had pained a few before to give it a go and added some finishing touches myself (after he stained my carpet >_< )

aanyway, good luck to you in your miniature shopping, I recomend Reapers myself... they have EVERYTHING [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-21-2003, 01:32 PM   #8
ElricMorlockin
The Magister

http://www.ralpartha.com
Old 01-21-2003, 02:56 PM   #9
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by The Cavalier:
quote:
Originally posted by Nachtrafe:
geez, are you trying to hint something to me?[/QB][/QUOTE]Not at all Cavalier. [img]smile.gif[/img] I was just pointing out that, if you used a good search engine, you could find quite a few links right away, rather than having to wait for people to answer you. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Although, if you post it, you will get plenty of people's opinions as well, in addition to just the links to sites.

Good luck in your Mini hunt.

Nacht

"May the wings of liberty never lose a feather!"
Old 01-21-2003, 03:33 PM   #10
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

dragon's aren't all that hard, you just have to take them one piece at a time... http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/morgue...f%26.dir=/D%25 (an example that I painted, and I have several more I'm working on.)

[ 01-21-2003, 03:59 PM: Message edited by: Morgeruat ]