Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2004, 09:19 AM   #1
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A woman arrived home to find a child decapitated and two others with their heads partially cut off in a Baltimore apartment on Thursday evening, police said.

Police said the victims were two 9-year-old girls and a 10-year-old boy. One child was fully decapitated and two were partially decapitated, according to local news reports.

Police said at least two of the children were related.

"I've been around for about 35 years. ... I've not seen anything as gruesome as this. ... One of the saddest things I've ever seen and unfortunately something I'm sure I'll remember till I draw my last breath," Deputy Police Commissioner Kenneth Blackwell told local news media.

Baltimore Mayor Martin O'Malley, who visited the scene, called it a "brutal, tragic, unfathomably sad murder of three young children."

Blackwell said a "person of interest" was being questioned in the case.

"We do understand... that there was some sort of disagreement with the individual that we're talking with now," Blackwell said.

Police said the man had not been arrested and they had not filed charges against the man who was found a few blocks away. There was no word on what relationship the man had to the family, local news reports said.

The Baltimore Sun quoted Blackwell as saying investigators recovered a weapon from outside the apartment, but he would not elaborate on the type of weapon or where exactly it was found
my husband just told me this one the phone, I am sickened and pissed that anyone could do something like this
Old 05-28-2004, 09:49 AM   #2
Gnarf
Emerald Dragon

Ugh. That's just sick
Old 05-28-2004, 10:23 AM   #3
Link
Jack Burton

Who would do such things? I mean: they're just children!! [img]graemlins/1disgust.gif[/img]
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 05:58 PM   #4
promethius9594
Drizzt Do'Urden

maybe instead of the DP, we could send the uber violent prisoners into fallujah naked except for american flag underwear and a big sign that says "Run Run, Fast as you can, can't catch me, im the american man..."

itd be interesting to see how hardened criminals do against hardened terrorists.

edited because im a dumb arse and typed this when i was really tired, so it took rereading it to figure out what i wanted to say and then i had to come back and fix it...

[ 05-28-2004, 06:03 PM: Message edited by: promethius9594 ]
Old 05-28-2004, 07:02 PM   #5
Stratos
Vampire

Two suspects has been arrested, and they were appearantely relatives. Here's some more info.

[ 05-28-2004, 07:02 PM: Message edited by: Stratos ]
Old 05-28-2004, 09:55 PM   #6
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

I am glad to hear someone was charged, I will never understand anyone who can harm a child, let alone kill them
Old 05-29-2004, 12:51 AM   #7
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

That is why such behavior is called "insanity", Stormymystic, because it cannot be understood.

I told Belle about this news item earlier today. I know that police haven't yet released a motive, but typically decapitation murders are done to "send a message" or exact revenge.

The people who will eventually be convicted should be extremely worried--most inmates hate child-killers....

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 01:04 AM   #8
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

I feel that insanity is a cop-out when it comes to crimes like these but I understand your meaning
Old 05-29-2004, 12:15 PM   #9
Gab
Zhentarim Guard

It's amazing how sick and evil some people can be...
Old 05-29-2004, 01:26 PM   #10
promethius9594
Drizzt Do'Urden

gab, i dont like it when you talk about me like that...