Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2002, 09:23 PM   #11
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Yeah, and I think I remember him saying that his mate who has a load of web space and has IW on there has to cut it off during some times of the day until the newserver is installed becase all the traffic slows down the other sites on there.
Unless of course I'm being plain delusional again.
Old 04-10-2002, 12:12 AM   #12
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

Sometimes i have problems, sometimes i dont. I often get error messages. Neb make sure that Aelia is trying at the same time you are having success.
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas
Old 04-10-2002, 12:36 AM   #13
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

The 'Service is Unavailable' is normal for NOW--That will go away when I get the new server up. I am still fixing the software, I am installing a Win2000 Virus scanner protector as I type. I decided to install that, and install some tracking software and stats software (It's called Webtrends) and tracks all hits and usage for the server, it's totally cool! I may even set it up for the Mod's to view it and stuff!

I may have the server over to the place tomorrow or maybe Thursday. Been busy this week! I am also working on the Dungeon Siege web area, trying to get it finished asap.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 04-10-2002, 05:10 PM   #14
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Aelia cannot get on while I can get on. So it's not the "unavaliable" error message. She simply cannot find the server.
Old 04-10-2002, 06:29 PM   #15
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Try giving her the link from where YOU are accessing it in case her link is messed up...

Also, suggest that she dump her cookies, etc. from her temp files in case THAT'S the problem. I don't know why it WOULD be, but if your link works for you and doesn't work for her, that's ONE suggestion to try. Otherwise, just to make sure of things on her computer, if she still can't access it, have her run a virus scan AND a system defrag. All probably useless as I don't know much about these things, but they might be worth a try.
[img]\"http://home.earthlink.net/~moraine_sedai/_uimages/dragonmage.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/hero2.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Alureth...Dragon friend of Lady Breanna<br /><br />Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.<br />Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force<br />Mother Hen of IW and Mage extraordinaire.<br /><br />Utterly in love with my soul mate, Hiram.
Old 04-10-2002, 06:49 PM   #16
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Ziroc, that's great news. Sooner the better, and Ga;ladria will stop being in a bad mood when she cn't get on.
Old 04-10-2002, 06:57 PM   #17
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
I'm accessing from uni at the moment - I haven't been able to access from home since last Friday . It's definintely not the request cannot be serviced message, I've seen that a lot and this isn't it. It just says this page cannot be displayed, cannot find server. I really doubt it's a virus or a problem with my browser because I can access every other site I want to - just IW that's unavailable.

Okay this may sound really stupid, but could someone (ie my brother ) fix our computer so I can't access certain sites? This is obviously odd if you come from the perspective that my brother is normal, but unfortunately he is not [img]tongue.gif[/img] . Is it possible and if so how could I check to see if that's what he's done?

Argh. And to top it off, I'm having a shocker of a hair day
Old 04-10-2002, 07:36 PM   #18
andrewas
Harper

Given enough time, any person of reasonable intelligence can fix any computer to do anything, but to render only a few sites unavailable would take some doing. I cant think of a simple way of doing it. Try seeing if any weird software has been installed. Of course if its malicous it will be hidden. And if its innocent it would probably put up a page syaing why you cant access the site.

A good stranglehold has also been known to release information from recalcitrant subjects, but make sure its justified first.

Getting more serious, I suspect your ISP is at fault. (Any other australians on the same ISP should be able to confirm this, if they can get on to tell us about it). More specificaly, i suspect that the DNS server your ISP uses has lost track of ironworks in some fashion - we had a case of this sometime last year. It can happen when you get a lot of server downtime etc.

DNS is the system that take a url (like www.ironworksforum.com) and turns it into an IP address your computer can actualy use. The quickest soloution therfore is to dial in using another ISP and see if that works. If it does then your ISP will likly fix the problem at some point or another (a phone call may speed up this process, but I woudnt bet on it)

There is another more permanent, less legal soloution that will let you get into Ironworks through your regular connection, and protect you form the same problem in the future, but its long and technical. Basicaly you set your computer to use another ISPs DNS as a failsafe. If you want details then ask, but this post is getting too long already.
Old 04-10-2002, 08:07 PM   #19
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Aelia! We've missed you in the ORT. Pay no attention to what Attalus said about me getting in a bad mood when I can't get on. I snarl at the best of times.
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society