Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2001, 05:04 PM   #11
Russ
Manshoon

quote:
Originally posted by Talthyr Malkaviel:
Well in England it's only £299, which is even less than $300 u.s dollars, I think...

Um, no. It's, on average barring weird fluctuations, about 450 USD...
Old 12-06-2001, 05:12 PM   #12
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Oops, I thought it was the other way round, must've converted by the right amount but in the wrong direction.
Old 12-06-2001, 09:05 PM   #13
sageridder
Drizzt Do'Urden

EB has it by itself $299 everyday price, the package deals with some games are more.
Trust is indeed a shiny jewel,set in the stone of friendship.And much like any other stone can be use to crush the skulls of those unsuspecting.To clear the path for me to claim my rightful place as master of all I survey.

Play games win prizes completely free. http://teet.net/af/bd395b7216
So far I've won an 8gb ipod nano and an acer inspire netbook
Old 12-06-2001, 10:26 PM   #14
Lifetime
Red Dragon

I said Singapore dollars actually, so its about..216 pounds..
If S$3=1 pound then yeah its about 216 pounds.
I had it specially modified to play pirated PS1 and PS2 games, which come cheap at about S$5-10 a piece. I just dont have games yet..
The reason why I didnt wait for the Christmas season and the price to fall is because I'm leaving for another country to further my studies next Feb, so I want to get as much mileage out of the PS2 before I wont have time for it anymore.
So far I'm planning to get a few good PS1 games like Silent Hill 1/2 and stuff like Gran Turismo 3, GTA3, Soul Reaver 2 and that new WWF game..
Old 12-07-2001, 03:13 AM   #15
Debaser

Must-have games for PS2 (in my opinion)....BG Dark Alliance (!), Tony Hawk 3, Tekken Tag Tournament, Metal Gear Solid 2.

Dark Alliance is the reason i've decided to implore my parents to consider getting me a PS2 for christmas. that and the fact its a dvd player.
Old 12-07-2001, 03:42 AM   #16
huma
The Magister

Ya,sounds like you payed way to much for your ps2.Purchase metal gear 2 and have fun.Sneaking around under a cardboard box has never been so much fun.Let the console wars begin.Don,t get me wrong I like my sony ps1 and ps2.I hate to break it to everyone but microsoft will win the console war.I,m not going to state all the reasons again but there is a reason bill gates is the richest man on the planet.He doesn,t mess up.Do some actual research on the subject or just sit back,wait,watch and enjoy.
Old 12-07-2001, 03:46 AM   #17
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

well, whatever, Microsoft will not likely to win in this war... it might just be Bill Gates' ultima downfall

Sure, Bill is the world's richest man, but how can he fight an army of world's cheapest men? (Taiwan and Japan) [img]graemlins/evillaughter1.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/evillaughter2.gif[/img]
Old 12-07-2001, 04:15 AM   #18
huma
The Magister

quote:
Originally posted by 250:
well, whatever, Microsoft will not likely to win in this war... it might just be Bill Gates' ultima downfall

Sure, Bill is the world's richest man, but how can he fight an army of world's cheapest men? (Taiwan and Japan) [img]graemlins/evillaughter1.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/evillaughter2.gif[/img]

----------------------------------------------------------------------ha ha,good point.Guess we will have to wait this one out.
Old 12-07-2001, 05:51 PM   #19
Tabitha Silverwill
Dungeon Master

I haven't bought one because I hate shoot 'em ups, racing games and sports titles. Are there any RPG, strategy type games, apart from BG available for PS2? If there were a few to be had, I might reconsider. Always keen to remove pennies from that rich Mr Gates.
Old 12-08-2001, 09:40 AM   #20
Lifetime
Red Dragon

I bought Devil May Cry (EXCELLENT GAME!) and WWF Smackdown cheap, then I bought Silent Hill 2, but returned it when I realised my machine was a PAL system and Silent Hill 2 is a NTSC game (dammit)
So I got Tekken Tag instead and I'm having a heck of a time
There will BE a PAL version of Silent Hill 2 right?