Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2002, 02:27 PM   #1
Atellus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm looking for a class that can use some very powerful weapons and has thieving abilities like lockpick and stuff. I'm not focused on magic but brute strength instead! Any suggestions?
Old 04-14-2002, 02:40 PM   #2
Zingara63
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I imported my character from BGI she is a human and a duel class of Fighter/Thief. I think you can only duel class a human, try a Barbarian/Thief, he would be tough!!
Old 04-14-2002, 09:44 PM   #3
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Well Theives are the only class that can use theiving abilities ... bu try a f/T mayb??
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2002, 10:44 PM   #4
Sir Mandorallen
Baaz Draconian

Instead of "brute strength", why not use subterfuge? I mean sure a barbarian can proboly lift up the computer you are typing on and the desk, and hell most likely your printer too, and throw them across the room, but a assasin with a poisend blade could sneak up on the lumbering oaf and slide his blade into the barbarian's back...

WHAM!! The barbarian who was all muscle falls to the floor more dead than a door-nail!

And adressing the area of powerful weapons... there are plenty of short-swords out there that are specificly made for assasin-type characters, and (of course!) an assasin gets the theving skills.
Old 04-14-2002, 11:13 PM   #5
Norbane
Dungeon Master

Meh, just be a fighter/thief. Then you have the best of both worlds.
Norbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2002, 11:46 PM   #6
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Well mayb not the best... but at least u can get a bit of each [img]smile.gif[/img]
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 01:48 AM   #7
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

I just wish to point out, Barbarians are immuned to backstabs.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 02:45 PM   #8
Machiel Coolridge
Welcomed New User

correct me if I am wrong but don't Rangers get some Thief skills? And they can probably be nurtured along a bit too I would imagine...
Machiel Coolridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 03:13 PM   #9
Tanoch Thas'ala
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Machiel Coolridge:
correct me if I am wrong but don't Rangers get some Thief skills? And they can probably be nurtured along a bit too I would imagine...
And Bards as well??? Don't they count?
Tanoch Thas'ala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 04:46 PM   #10
Annheiser
Manshoon

Monks have some form of thievery as well. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Anyhoo, Monks and Rangers can hide but can't PP, and Bards PP but can't hide (well except for maybe Invisibility). Neither class can de-trap howver (important). Thieves can handle them all and they can backstab.

[ 04-15-2002, 04:48 PM: Message edited by: Annheiser ]
Annheiser is offline   Reply With Quote