Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2005, 10:26 PM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

The current henchmen code has been broken, so, I've added a HUGE script that now actually breaths high AI and life into them! I mean, WOW! They are now worth hiring!

This new script will be released tomorrow (Tues)! And now, you will be able to:

1. View/Modify their inventory
2. tell them how to level, and in what fields.
3. Have them scout ahead for you, and they actually tell you via text what they saw ahead! (amazing when you see this!!)

4. Levels up the way YOU want. Choose other classes and stuff.
5. Have them use certain feats only.
6. PC/Henchmen Bleeding
7. You can raise the Henchmen if he dies
8. If you leave the game, and come back, the henchmen will return to you
9. Henchmen can become angery with you if they die a lot.
10. If you tell them to go away, they will return to their original spot to be hired again.
11. You can have more that 2 Henchmen

And so much more.. I am putting a new NPC in the tavern too, so low level new players can hire them and get some support till they can solo.

[ 03-08-2005, 06:22 PM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 01:39 AM   #2
javan
Zhentarim Guard

Wow [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img]

Will some of these henchmen be in the tavern or in Waterdeep (guilds?).

I am usually on 9-10 a.m. Eastern Standard Time when activity is low in Undermountain. It would be nice to be able to hire some help. [img]smile.gif[/img]

See you there...
Old 03-08-2005, 01:45 AM   #3
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Hmmm, How will this affect the guys that are already at level 40 like teri ?

Are they going to be nerfed (teri is godlike with stats)

Also what will happen if we hire a henchman, level them up, dump them then someone else pickes them up ? do they reset on a new hire or what ?

Im really hoping this new NPC is who I think it is for I would love the chance for one last adventure.......
Old 03-08-2005, 06:22 PM   #4
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by T-D-C:
Hmmm, How will this affect the guys that are already at level 40 like teri ?

Are they going to be nerfed (teri is godlike with stats)

Also what will happen if we hire a henchman, level them up, dump them then someone else pickes them up ? do they reset on a new hire or what ?

Im really hoping this new NPC is who I think it is for I would love the chance for one last adventure.......
This script was installed for that NPC yer thinging of, but he's not ready yet. [img]smile.gif[/img] I have the new script installed for testing now, go check out Moric! He's all new now, and is the only NPC with this new script.

And yep, they may reset. There is a setting too. loads of settings! I love the option to rez!

Remember, Moric is the only one there with the new scripts, the others are still under old code. (And yeah, I will have to redo those others like I did with Moric. The level up for henchmen will break unless I level them up with the toolset correctly. If I add feats and other stuff they won't level right.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 06:30 PM   #5
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Hey, can we submit henchmen concepts to you and all that? I had a host of them (actually, they were characters that I did multiple versions of) I made for one person working on a module. If you are interested, I am sure I can create a few henchmen setups for you that would be worthy of The Undermountain - including at least one character I regularly play online on IRC games. If I knew anything about the toolset and models and all that, it would be a lot easier to just ship you the characters in a file form you could just throw anywhere. *sighs* All those things I should teach myself...

Hey, since this is technically all remade property of Wizards Of The Coast and Bioware, will we be seeing any of the original henchmen from the NeverWinter Nights campaign? Those ones featured in the Original Campaign and Shadows Of Undrentide would be perfect for lower level players just starting (such as I was when I first accidentally ran into Roddybug The Wizard).

[ 03-08-2005, 06:36 PM: Message edited by: Mozenwrathe ]
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote