Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2003, 12:54 AM   #21
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Reeka:
Well, I have played thru to about half way through the six chapter and have a sorcerer and at this point I am wishing to go that I had a wizard instead. I just finished a long tough fight where if I had just had a "lower magic resistance" spell it would have made a big difference, but I am stuck with what I've got.
Yes... sorcerer is a class that nead to be learned. Your first sorcerer is never very good, but the second one is a powergamer's dream.

My first sorcerer (in BG2) never even got a lower magic resistance spell of any kind, so he was basically useless...

[ 09-07-2003, 12:55 AM: Message edited by: Luvian ]
Old 09-07-2003, 07:31 AM   #22
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Bozos of Bones:
Sorcerers and paladins make excellent party leaders due to the charisma. Since charisma is a sorcerers main statistic he gets an xp bonus for charisma, not intelligence. 3rd ed rules, remember?
Face it, he is flawless. He has no downsides. He is the uberman. The best spell-showerer ever. When you dual a 6th level monk into sorcerer, he gets really brutal.
Paladins make awful party leaders (as well as monks), since they often refuse rewards .....
Old 09-08-2003, 03:45 PM   #23
Borg
The Magister

Why would one want a monk turned sorc rather than just a sorc (I'm not debating the choice vs. a pure Monk here, but am responding to an earlier post)? I couldn't imagine doing much melee with a sorc. But, even if I did want to, Monk's aren't really that good at melee until higher levels.

I suppose a Monk would allow better evasion of missle attacks, but if it comes to that, I would rather just have more levels in sorc rather than giving them to monk abilities, so I can do something like stoneskins.

[ 09-08-2003, 03:46 PM: Message edited by: Borg ]
Borg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 02:04 PM   #24
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Brutish-no armor, wisdom based stuff, sorc spells, cool HP, charisma, coolness, melee, survivability, evasion, speed, party leading(does NOT turn down rewards), buying, cheapness, training, perfect with cleaving or greater cleaving feat. Improved critical is also usefull.
Old 09-09-2003, 02:06 PM   #25
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Brutish-no armor, wisdom based stuff, sorc spells, cool HP, charisma, coolness, melee, survivability, evasion, speed, party leading(does NOT turn down rewards), buying, cheapness, training, perfect with cleaving or greater cleaving feat. Improved critical is also usefull.