Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2002, 07:35 PM   #1
Nydlari
Manshoon

Does anyone know if there is a cap on the maximum number of attacks per round a PC can have? The manual says the get a new one every 6 BAB, but in the tables it stops adding attacks after the 5th. Is this just becuase they ran out of room to print, or is it a hard cap?

I'm getting close to 26 where it will start to matter, and I'd like to know ahead of time so I can plan my PCs developement.

Thanks for any info.
Nydlari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 12:18 AM   #2
Lord Corwin
The Magister

Well from what I know.... you can get up to 5,as you already know. I think the only way to get beyond that is by using some of the special weapons in the game that have an attack bonus.
I`ve seen some weapons in the lists that have bonus`s to give you 1 or more extra attacks per round. That would be on top of how ever many you would already have...

I may be wrong.But I think thats how it works.
Old 10-23-2002, 01:08 AM   #3
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Corwin:
Well from what I know.... you can get up to 5,as you already know. I think the only way to get beyond that is by using some of the special weapons in the game that have an attack bonus.
I'm pretty sure I read in the manual (or somewhere else) that you can't get beyond 5. So if say you have 4 attacks per round and you get a weapon that gives you 1 more, then casting improved haste won't give you another to get 6.
Old 10-23-2002, 01:51 AM   #4
Jack of Speed
Manshoon

This is true.. My monk has 5 attacks per turn... put the gauntlets of Thundering whatever on her... she gets well uh still 5... Pretty lame huh.
Old 10-23-2002, 04:38 AM   #5
Nydlari
Manshoon

Thanks guys.

Wow, that has got to suck for the monk. No more attacks than a fighter and at a much lower BAB. Does anyone know if this is how 3rd edition rules are set up, or just how IWD2 works?
Nydlari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 05:34 AM   #6
Meriadoc Brandybuck
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Nydlari:
Thanks guys.

Wow, that has got to suck for the monk. No more attacks than a fighter and at a much lower BAB. Does anyone know if this is how 3rd edition rules are set up, or just how IWD2 works?
it's how IWD2 works ...

possible reaches of 5 attacks

a high level monk (barehanded)
a dual wielding highlevel fighter class
a hasted single handed higlevel gighter class
Old 10-23-2002, 12:17 PM   #7
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Yeah, I just compared the table in the manual with the table for Monks in the Player's Handbook. The numbers are correct. Of course, the Monk in actual play (not the computer game) is a very overpowered class.

As to more than five attacks per round, well, the PH only goes to level 20, and that's four attacks. Can't say from that if the number just keeps increasing (for fighters) every six levels.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote