Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2002, 08:30 AM   #1
Dmouse
Dungeon Master

I need some help here on the voice that the demons on the ground floor of the temple asking me to kill this voice. And Nikademus putting spells of protection on me and then i cant find the person to kill, i looked around the entire building. Plus i cant open some doors in the place where Nikademus stays.

Can someone help me on these things. I have been just wondering around the entire building looking for the person to kill and also how to enter the rooms.
Any help is appreciated .

Thanks Dmouse
Dmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 08:56 AM   #2
Finn
The Magister

SPOILER!!!:
You're refering to the white Abishai, right? If I'm not mistaken(it was about a few weeks back when I completed the game), you have to first kill Nikademus's lover, Oria. She is the last of the 3 priestesses you'll meet.

1> You'll have to obtain a rank from the Game Room(ie. play the game). This requires you to pull some levers and defeat the monsters that appear on the square tiles.

2> Once you've done that, you'll receive the key to Oria's room. Go to her room chat with her for a bit, then kill her off. She'll say something vital(some kinda code you need to transport you to the room with the door that says "embrace the shadow" which is adjoining to the actual room where the "Voice" resides).

3> Go to the stairway with the painting of Kuldahar and say the phrase you learnt from Oria and viola, you'll be in the adjoining room. Now there will be a doorway with a shadow on it. Beyond the doorway is where the "Voice" can be found.

4> To open the door with the shadow, go back to where you found Nicky, and use the Lightning generator machine and point it North(be sure to change the direction of the mirror first). This will open the door if i'm not mistaken.

5> Be sure to talk to Nicky b4 you enter because he'll help you out with some spells/experience etc.

Well, good luck, mate [img]smile.gif[/img] hope this helps.
Old 10-18-2002, 11:59 AM   #3
Dmouse
Dungeon Master

Much Obliged with the reply. i was really stuck there for a minute. NOw since you have outlined the steps for me, i will give it a go. If there's anything that i cant figure out then i will be back here again.

The best part about this game is that, since i am working, i will always have a game to come home too hahahahaha.

Thanks again, much apprecaited it.

Dmouse
Old 10-18-2002, 12:06 PM   #4
Nightowl2
Galvatron

The word in question is "Lysan", which teleports you to the altar antechamber. As I recall, you learn this from Lysara, not Oria.

Also, it is much better to ask Nikky to "share wisdom",which is worth 5K experience points. The protections he gives are short-lived and really not all that helpful. If you have a save before then, I suggest reloading and getting the xp award instead.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 10:24 PM   #5
Finn
The Magister

Nightowl2: Thanks for the correction. As I said in my previous post, its been awhile since I last completed the game. I guess I need to re-boot my organic Hard Drive.

DMouse: Sorry about the Oria bit. If Nightowl2 is right, then you won't have to go through the game room part and you can just go kill off Lysara to get the phrase/codeword. Then head on to the stairway with the Kuldahar pic and repeat it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-19-2002, 12:29 AM   #6
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Well, one way or another, he still has to kill all three of them. Whether it's before or after the shadow door doesn't matter. I usually take them out first myself, then do the treasure hunting and altar.

Nightowl2

[ 10-19-2002, 12:30 AM: Message edited by: Nightowl2 ]
Old 10-19-2002, 07:25 AM   #7
Dmouse
Dungeon Master

Hey guys,

Errrm, well, i did talk to Oria and i think she was really pissedd. IN any case, she turned etheral form. From what i know, normal people in this plane cant hurt people in other planes. Is there a weapon in which i need in order to hit the women?

I think what i will do is just reload the saved game and start over again. Some help would be nice, even though it might be a spoiler hgeheheh.

Dmouse
Old 10-19-2002, 09:37 AM   #8
Finn
The Magister

Yet another SPOILER ALERT [img]smile.gif[/img]

To kill Oria, return to the game room, pull the lever that takes you to the ethereal plane. It will work this time and render Oria susceptible to your attacks. She be fairly easy to bump off at this point. Its as simple as that. Enjoy!

Nightowl2: Yea, I know what you mean. I found the Ice temple a little tedious, lots of running back and forth but it was quite interesting to complete. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2002, 11:05 AM   #9
Dmouse
Dungeon Master

Thanks Finn,

Well i have tried pulling the leavers till a level that i died. I think it was level 4 or something. Do i need to pull all the leavers? I knows it another Spoiler alert here hehehe, but i am pretty anxious.

thanks again for you previous spoilers.

Dmouse
Old 10-19-2002, 12:20 PM   #10
Nightowl2
Galvatron

The levers in question are the three in the SW corner of the room. Pull the middle one and watch what the golem says. If it's "Inner Sanctum" selected, then pull the left-most and everyone becomes ethereal.

If the golem says "Battle Square" selected, first pull the right-most lever, then the left-most. The rank levers aren't used here.

As for Oria, yeah, you've just killed her sisters, so you should expect her to maybe be a tad upset with you. Doesn't matter, because she has to go, too.

Nightowl2