Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2000, 03:03 PM   #1
John Von Draugr

Hi,
Can anyone tell me how to unlock the many chests in the final level of Dragon's Eye? I have cleared the level including the boss Yaun-Ti. I am playing solo as a Fighter. I don't use cheats and I've looked around for an hour now. Does anyone know if there is a key or a way for a fighter to open those chests?

Please email me at johndraugr@hotmail.com

Thanx
Old 10-20-2000, 07:49 PM   #2
daishi

I had a similar problem, i managed to force all the chests bar one - the first one next to the door.
My thief has really poor lockpicking skill and i dont seem to have any spells that help. I've been using a fighter with strength 18 to force all the lcoked doors/chests i've found.
Anyone have a suggestion, is there anything worthwhile in this chest (i suspect so from the difficulty in opening it).
Thank-you for your help.
Old 10-20-2000, 09:29 PM   #3
Wrath
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Just attack the chests, and they should open. Unlike BG, you don't need a high bashing % to be able to open the locks in IWD, so this should work. Some are trapped though, so be careful. If for some reason you can't bash em open, chug a potion of Strength, and you should have no worries.

-Wrath
Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2000, 02:00 PM   #4
Khelbin

All my fighters have a str of 18+ and even I can't bash that one. I have a theif with a lockpicking ability of 105%. He opened it right away. I believe that is where the helmet " Dead Mans Face" is located. It's a AC bonus of 2 I believe. Very nice helmet that early in the game.