Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2002, 07:48 AM   #1
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Crossbows and bows are much better. Why slings,darts and throwing daggers I cant understand.
I can feel the touch of wind on my face. Strong wind was slapping my face. I can feel the ground shake. The sky roars with vengeance and fury. From the shadows, I heard the Archmage's words:"İbne Fenner!" And then..I can't remember the rest..
Zoltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 08:56 AM   #2
Nydlari
Manshoon

Darts and throwing daggers add your strength bonus to their damage, so for fighter types they can make a powerful opening volley. As for slings, I'm not sure, maybe to provide ranged bludgening damage against opponents that have resistance to peircing.
Nydlari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 09:02 AM   #3
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

I noticed that bludgeon damage causes extra damage to golems skeletons etc it's useful.
I can feel the touch of wind on my face. Strong wind was slapping my face. I can feel the ground shake. The sky roars with vengeance and fury. From the shadows, I heard the Archmage's words:"İbne Fenner!" And then..I can't remember the rest..
Zoltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 09:23 AM   #4
Magness
Quintesson

I particularly don't like darts in IWD2 as mage weapons. Why? First time I tried them out, I happened to have all 6 members of my party switch to missile weapons to get in a shot or 2 at an incoming mob. Of course, I had my mage using the darts for some silly reason. Well, due to the short range of the darts, the mage runs out in front of the rest of my party to throw the darts. Ooops!

My spellcasters stick with bows or crossbows now. I want them to stay in the back of the formation.

I think that slings also add in the STR bonus. They certainly seemed to the last time my paladin tank used one on a boneguard, doing mid-teens damage.

Another type of weapon that's a very worthy ranged weapon in IWD2 are the +2 returning throwing hammer. Excellent range. +2 weapon. Base damage is crushing damage. Extra electrical damage. Very nice weapon for a tank. No need to manage ammo.

OTOH, I really dislike non-returning throwing hammers (or axes for that matter).

1. Throwing hammers are heavy. 10 throwing hammers are VERY heavy!

2. Why the heck can't you just go pick up throwing hammers or axes after a battle and reuse them? Are they that fragile that they are legitimately single use only? (I find this difficult to believe.)
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote