Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2004, 08:25 AM   #1
imported_Thorin_Oakenshield
Welcomed New User

Hello, I have a very annoying problem. I am in the Severed Hand, in Labellas Tower to be more precise. And there is this whirling, twirling astrolabe that I should fix. Four parts I should give them, and four parts I should in theory have. Except that when I cleared one of the towers of priests, I should have recieved a machine part as a reward. "Take this", the priestess said, but I recieved no item. Possibly because my backback was very full. In any case, I did not recieve it.

In short, to progress I need a machine part that I now cannot get. The solution, I suppose, would have to be cheating. But how? Is there a cheat system similar to Baldur's Gate? I would need instructions of how to cheat and probably IDs of the four machine part items, and how to get them cheat-wise.

Please help me.
imported_Thorin_Oakenshield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 10:58 AM   #2
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

The cheat system changes depending on whether you have only IWD installed or IWD AND HOW installed.

Here is a link to the codes for Icewind Dale:

http://www.game-revolution.com/games..._wind_dale.htm

With HOW installed the Cheat command changes to

GetYourCheatOn (check the syntax on this one).

Use the CreateItem command to "warp in" the missing astrolabe piece.

The Astrolabe item codes are easy:

PIECE1
PIECE2
PIECE3
PIECE4

The problem is that there is not indication of which piece goes to which area!! What I suggest is saving the game, enabling the cheats, create ONE of the pieces, see if its the right one, and reload the save until you get the missing piece. Resave and try going back to Larrel and his assistant.

Check this Walkthrough for more details on how to enable the cheat codes and to use them in the game.

http://www.game-revolution.com/games...le_faqwalk.htm

[ 07-01-2004, 10:59 AM: Message edited by: Micah Foehammer ]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 11:02 AM   #3
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Welcome to Ironworks! [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 12:00 PM   #4
Welcomed New User

Well, thank you.

I do have another problem now however. Since I don't have HoW, I added the "Cheat=1", but for some reason no console bar appears when I press Ctrl+Tab. Could it be something with using a Norwegian keyboard, or could it, as I think is more likely, have something to do with this blasted laptop and a Ctrl that doesn't want to be combined with another button? When I play games by Paradox Entertainment (Europa Universalis, Hearts of Iron) on this computer, I am unable to use Ctrl and +/- to change the game speed.

In either case, what can be done?
Old 07-01-2004, 12:06 PM   #5
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Since the Astrolabe plot items are PLOT items, you can't use an exported character from another person's game to try to import them as PLOT items and containers will not export. Not sure what to suggest. The keyboard could be a problem. If you can install on a desktop machine, you could try porting a saved game to a desktop machine, using the cheat codes to create the items, save the game and port the save game back to your desktop. That might work.

Any possibility that there is a mechanical problem with the laptop keyboard?

And Welcome to the forums. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 06:41 AM   #6
Welcomed New User

Oh, it just popped into my head that perhaps it doesn't work because it is not patched. The Black Isle pages seem to be gone. Where can I find the latest patch?
Old 07-05-2004, 12:28 PM   #7
Aerich
Lord Ao

Hi Thorin, welcome to IW!

Here's an organized and comprehensive thread on patches, mods, and installation order. It includes links to sites that have the various patches.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...c;f=3;t=003063

Note that it's not necessary to install all the mods, etc. IWD + HoW + TotLM will give you all the gaming fun you need (and all the patches).