Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2001, 03:29 PM   #1
jaggerwagger
Welcomed New User

I was wondering exactly what comes with Icewind Dale? I have all the Baldur's Gates, and they all came with HUGE game guides. I traded someone a game of mine for Icewind Dale and all it came with was a small (130 page) guide and a map. Is there anything else, perhaps a dungeons and dragons rulebook or something like that, that it originally came with? Thanks in advance for your help.
jaggerwagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2001, 04:15 PM   #2
koz-ivan
Manshoon

nope, thats about it.

book (this does have most of the rules, and maps of city areas)
quick guide (laminated sheet w/ spells and quick commands)
map

(p.s. - how does a 130 page manual rate as small?)
koz-ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2001, 04:27 PM   #3
jaggerwagger
Welcomed New User

Thanks for your speedy reply. I couldn't find any info about the contents anywhere on the web, weird huh? I guess you're right- 130 pages isn't small, I'm just used to the whopping guides they usually come with. So this one seems small in comparision. Thanks agin for you help!
jaggerwagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2001, 07:47 PM   #4
Subotai
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Not for nothing, but isn't the Baldur's Gate guide just about the same size as IWD? Although I don't know how large the expansion guides are.

Subotai, thief and archer

------------------
----------
"Fireball me! Fireball me! FIREBALL ME!"
Subotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2001, 08:05 PM   #5
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

I've always wondered why IWD came in 2 CDs, plus 1 more for HoW, while BG2 came in 4 plus one more for ToB.

Maybe all the dialog in BG2 takes up all that extra space? *shrug*
Hayashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2001, 02:01 AM   #6
obelix
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I guess IWD only needs 2 CDs because threre are less outdoor locations as in BG. An outdoor map has to be completely drawn, those dungeon maps in IWD contain lots of black spaces. There seem to be more maps in BG and they tend to be larger. The videos in IWD are mostly motionless pictures, they would me much smaller...
obelix is offline   Reply With Quote