Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2002, 03:13 AM   #1
Strike Eagle
Elite Waterdeep Guard

After a couple of days of wandering through the game trying to find the 6th and final badge in IWD I decided to consult a walkthrough. It said that the 6th badge is retrieved from Brother whatshisface near the throne in the Idol room. Ok.. so how does he give up his badge? Every time I talk to him he keeps whining about Poquelin's abuses towards him, but he never gives up the badge.. should I kill, or is my game just broke?
Strike Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 10:44 AM   #2
BRNDL BACKBREAKER
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I think it is the other "Brother Whats his name", who gives it up as soon as you talk with him. I also could not find the 6th badge, however, I had missed the Frost Giant Joril, who you can only access by repairing a broken bridge with an engineering manual.
BRNDL BACKBREAKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2002, 12:26 AM   #3
Strike Eagle
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've got all other badges.. even the one from Joril.. I talked to all of the other brothers.. nothing doing.. no badge to be found.. so I used my thief to try to take it from any of them, but they have nothing to take.. then I tried to slice them down.. nothing to be found.. I really think I've wasted a lot of time on this game because it looks like this is as far as I'm going to get.. pretty sad really that a game can be sold this way.. oh well
Old 01-08-2002, 12:16 PM   #4
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Spoiler ....

The six badges are from Joril / Imladia / Malavon / Marketh / (The dude in the cave past the mage who has been transformed into an Umber Hulk) and lastly from Brother Perdiem. This sixth badge is obtained from Brother Perdiem after you have destroyed the idol and talked to Brother Perdiem. One of three things could be responsible for you NOT having it after the idol is destroyed.

(1) He gave you the badge but your inventory was full and it fell on the ground.

(2) You haven't talked to brother perdiem after the idol was destroyed.

(3) Your game got corrupted somehow and thinks you already have the badge.

The solutions to 1 and 2 are pretty simple. You can always reload the autosave from before the idol room and replay it (annoying but doable) but make sure the character that talks to Perdiem has an empty slot in their inventory.

The solution to #3 is trickier, but still solvable. I just happen to have a saved game that is after the fight with Brother Perdiem with all my characters in one room and the 6 badges safely stored in a nearby bookshelf.

Let me know if you need that save. Send me a Private message.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2002, 10:49 PM   #5
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

there is one other option it's called Dale Keeper
Dale Keeper is a game editor for Icewind Dale you
can find it here http://www.teambg.com you may have to
search the site to find it but it should be under the
download section
Old 01-09-2002, 02:31 AM   #6
Strike Eagle
Elite Waterdeep Guard

OK. In response to Micah, solution one doesn't work. My character had a slot free. I also tried to inspect the area around Perdiem just in case the badge happened to fall to the ground. Solution 2; I did talk to him after the idol was destroyed. He goes on about some mind control babble and his horrible time under Poquelin, but I never received a badge. And every subsequent time that I talk to him it's the same conversation as before. Solution 3; might be possible at this point. So I thank you for your help Micah. I would like to try to finish the game with my current characters, so I will refer to TheCrimsonBlade's possible solution. Thank you all for your reply's.
Old 01-09-2002, 02:09 PM   #7
Micah Foehammer

Strike Eagle,

Ok. Let me know if you want to go with option 3.

The alternative solution to dalekeeper is to use the cheat codes to create the sixth badge. There should be an item list with cheat codes floating around - perhaps even in Ironworks Icewind dale page. Just use the "Create an Item" cheat code and whip up the badge you are missing!

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Old 01-09-2002, 03:47 PM   #8
Micah Foehammer

Strike Eagle, the Item code for Brother Perdiem's badge is simple

PERDIEM

(all caps)

Old 01-10-2002, 02:19 AM   #9
Strike Eagle
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok I'll try the Perdiem code. Thanks again.