Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2000, 10:33 PM   #1
Raze
The Magister

Im doing the unseeing eye quest and im in the unseeing outcast place. I flick the switch to open the coffin and then a shadow lich comes out, does anyone have any idea how to kill.
he has powerful spells (lvl 9) and everytime i nearly kill him (near death) he just goes back to full healed.

Also did anyone meet the bridge that asked u the qeustion?
i tried every answer and it says im wrong this bridge is aslo near the unseeing place.....
Old 12-17-2000, 10:48 PM   #2
Holy Mage Wah

there are plenty of lich strategies on this forum so have a good search OK?
I was screaming my head off when I first saw a lich. I didn't even know what Time Stop was!!

The answer you need for the bridge are here: SPOILER

1) Life
2) Time
3) Current One

Old 12-17-2000, 10:59 PM   #3
ironfist

The right answers for the brigde are(if memories serve me):
1. Life is the path
2. Time is the path
3. The Current One

There are many strategies to kill the shadow lich(there are many in this board, you can
find them through search option). The first thing he will do
is casting a contingency on himself and the casting time for that spell is 1 turn or 10 rounds,
so you have a plenty of time to breach his defense. You have to use +3 or better weapon
in order to harm him. But be sure that you have non-magical weapon as well since he will soon cast
protection from magical weapon(this spell will last for 4 rounds). Remember also to summon a couple of
creatures to get him busy, and use True Sight/Seeing to dispell misleading etc.
Next you just hack and slash him to death.
If this doesnt help, you can simply buy a protection from undead/magic scroll to easy your job.
Good luck.

Old 12-17-2000, 11:50 PM   #4
Magness
Quintesson

Raze, the Shadow Lich is not actually part of the Unseeing Eye quest. It's part of the kangaxx the (super) demi-lich quest. You can totally ignore it and still complete the Unseeing Eye quest.

As for beating the Shadow Lich ... place 2-4 elementals around the spot where the lich will appear and attack IMMEDIATELY with everything in your arsenal. With a little luck, it's possible to kill the lich before it brings up its defenses or casts a timestop. (I've done it before. It works wonderfully.)
Old 12-18-2000, 02:02 AM   #5
Raze
The Magister

Thanks for the help with the lich,

anyway i answered that bridges riddle and i went to the ancient temple and i met all those guardians except they didnt have much to say that was worth reading so i go into the temple and i fight the fiend or wateva it was too no avail..im not sposed to kill it right?

and when i grab the stuff from that light chest thing i run back out now i cant save anymore luckily i had another save but is this a bug or something
Old 12-18-2000, 02:20 AM   #6
ironfist

Nope, this one is a little odd, you have to heal him to death!