Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2002, 10:57 AM   #11
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

You are being monitored!!!

Here is a site that gives some more information [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img]

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Old 05-31-2002, 12:13 PM   #12
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

well, aside from the fact that the only real challenge that President Bush has had to face is the war on terrorism, i dont get how all of you DONT like him. his first real test, and i feel he is carrying it out perfectly. i just dont get it. just because he is republican, and not some whinny, snot nosed, twerpy, sleep with your intern, lie about it (and various other things, including drugs), democrat, is not reason not to like him. i cant see ANY reason not to like mister bush. anywho, just wanted to say my two cents. i will continue to serve my country, and EARN my rights however.
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Old 05-31-2002, 12:19 PM   #13
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Im not sure Saz but I did detect a faint whiff of sarcasm and cynicism there [img]smile.gif[/img]
Ha! [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img] If you knew how Mark (Skywalker) feels about Bush, you'd have fallen and butted your head on the floor too!

-Saz

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 05-31-2002, 12:31 PM   #14
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
That's my Bush !
Old 05-31-2002, 12:45 PM   #15
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

My understanding is that The US doesn't use Echelon to spy on US Citizens. They have an agreement with Britain and Canada to do it for them. Britain and Canada monitor all communications here in the US and then pass on sensitive information on to the NSA and vis versa. Of course the NSA monitors all incoming calls from overseas. I don't much like it either.
Old 05-31-2002, 01:01 PM   #16
Rokenn
Galvatron

The true irony here is that the government does not need these new surveillance powers. They had many pieces of the 9/11 puzzles well in advance of the event, but due to inept bureaucrats and poor coordination they missed it. The FBI was forbidden from domestic spying for good reason, since they badly abused that power in the 60's and 70's.
Old 05-31-2002, 01:15 PM   #17
Donut
Jack Burton

How to make freinds and influence people (from an article in The Times)

May 29, 2002

Bush fails to bridge gap with sarcastic asides
The President completed his tour of Europe last night. Anne E. Kornblut, of The Boston Globe, travelled with him

(snip)

In Paris, the President demonstrated again his distant relationship with Europe, although this time through his attitude. After his meeting with M Chirac, Mr Bush arrived at a press conference ready for a joust. When an American television reporter addressed M Chirac in French, Mr Bush snapped sarcastically: “Very good. The guy memorises four words, and he plays like he’s intercontinental.”

When the reporter, David Gregory, of NBC, good- naturedly offered to continue in French, Mr Bush retorted: “I’m impressed.” And then, in a remark that M Chirac is sure not to forget, Mr Bush added: “Que bueno. Now I’m literate in two languages.”
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 05-31-2002, 01:22 PM   #18
Absynthe

Quote:
Originally posted by Morgan_Corbesant:
well, aside from the fact that the only real challenge that President Bush has had to face is the war on terrorism, i dont get how all of you DONT like him. his first real test, and i feel he is carrying it out perfectly. i just dont get it. just because he is republican, and not some whinny, snot nosed, twerpy, sleep with your intern, lie about it (and various other things, including drugs), democrat, is not reason not to like him. i cant see ANY reason not to like mister bush. anywho, just wanted to say my two cents. i will continue to serve my country, and EARN my rights however.
Well, if you leave off the entire 9-11 terrorism event and all the influences from that, and don't drag spurious and pointless comparisons into it, you're left with Bushs' foreign and domestic policy decisions. Many of which have been criticised from both sides of the aisle on Capitol Hill. He's not necessarily the worst this country has seen, but he's far from the best, and not above criticism.
And, like all Americans, I too will continue to EARN my rights, by simply being an American citizen. That's the beauty of this nation, that all citizens are equal, regardless of occupation, avocation, religion, sex, age, or shoe size, and NOT ONE SINGLE INDIVIDUAL OR GROUP is inherently worth more or less than any other.

Old 05-31-2002, 01:59 PM   #19
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

Quote:
The true irony here is that the government does not need these new surveillance powers. They had many pieces of the 9/11 puzzles well in advance of the event, but due to inept bureaucrats and poor coordination they missed it. The FBI was forbidden from domestic spying for good reason, since they badly abused that power in the 60's and 70's.
and what exactly were these abuses in the 60's and 70's?was it the monitoring criminal organizations like the black panthers,a.i.m.,and a whole host of left wing groups?
Old 05-31-2002, 02:32 PM   #20
Absynthe

Quote:
Originally posted by khazadman:
quote:
and what exactly were these abuses in the 60's and 70's?was it the monitoring criminal organizations like the black panthers,a.i.m.,and a whole host of left wing groups?[/QUOTE]The constitutionally challenging stuff was LBJ and Richard Nixons' use of it to monitor their political enemies. Of course there was that little dustup at thw Watergate hotel, also.