Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2001, 10:07 PM   #81
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

(ooc: Btw, in case I've never said it before, Killing Spree and Deiter, I love your interactions. It's awesome the way you complement each other's actions! )
Old 10-10-2001, 10:09 PM   #82
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

~She shivers, her eyes growing wide. She grips his hand tighter.~ "To sleep is to dream..." ~She looks up at him hopelessly.~ "The nightmares..." ~A panicked look graces her.~ "Don't... don't let it hurt me again... he can't protect me any longer..." ~She looks up at him pleadingly, praying he will understand.~
Old 10-10-2001, 10:18 PM   #83
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

ooc: Thanks Mistral

-Deiter looked into Killing Spree's blue eyes then nodded."Don't worry I'll protect you."The ranger said to her,'If I can' he thought to himself.-

------------------

" If you are guided by the stars, you will only be able to travel by night. If you are guided by a map, you will be dependant on a piece of paper that is easily lost. If you are guided by your soul, you will always choose the right path."

[This message has been edited by Deiter Leafblade (edited 10-10-2001).]
Old 10-10-2001, 10:32 PM   #84
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

~Her eyes narrow as if she could read his mind, if only for that split second.~ "Do not be unsure." ~Her eyes return to their warm nearly closed state. She takes a deep breath and lets her hand fall from his cheek.~ "I love you Deiter..." ~With a faint yet weary smile she closes her eyes, instilling her faith into him well she fell to sleep.~

(ooc: Thanks Mistral. Sounds perhaps like you would aim toward something similar with AHERM... *wink wink, nudge nudge* I'll e-mail ya tommorow ER... In a long while... That wasn't comforting was it? DAMN THESE TIME ZONES AGH!)
Old 10-10-2001, 10:39 PM   #85
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

(ooc: This is getting to be an addiction...)

~ The pain strikes again, piercing Mistral to the core. She clutches her hands against her heart as her knees wobble. The room is spinning. ~ "Oh, please...stop!!" ~

Finally, her legs give way and she stumbles on her way to the bed. Am I imagining things? Why is my wound turning purple? What is happening?! ~

Panting, she crawls towards the bed which seems a thousand miles away. Beads of perspiration roll down her face as she grits her teeth to subdue the burning sensation at her right ankle.

Behind her, she hears the familiar chortle. Whispering a stoneskin spell, Mistral waits for a moment before she moves to face Serephine. ~

Old 10-10-2001, 10:42 PM   #86
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

ooc...quick question...do you guys/gals mind that I write so much at once, and in all my pretty colors? Is it bothering you, or is there some suggestions to offer me? I am just curious to know what you think. To me, the colors make it easier to see who is speaking.
Old 10-10-2001, 10:43 PM   #87
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

-He smiled at Killing Spree"I love you too Chani..." Watching her sleep, the ranger could tell that she wasn't haveing any nightmares from her even breatheing. After awhile he started to fall asleep in his chair. His last thoughts were of Killing Spree.-

ooc: Good night guys

------------------

" If you are guided by the stars, you will only be able to travel by night. If you are guided by a map, you will be dependant on a piece of paper that is easily lost. If you are guided by your soul, you will always choose the right path."
Old 10-10-2001, 10:44 PM   #88
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

ooc: As quoted in "Gone With The Wind" (and you know a girl from Georgia has to have seen that movie 20,000 times.):

"Frankly dear, I don't give a damn!"

(ooc: Night ya'll... I can live on small amounts of sleep, but the descriptions in my previous posts WERE my eyes. I'm half asleep here right now... Zzzzzzz... Huh? Ok, push the button...)

[This message has been edited by Killing Spree (edited 10-10-2001).]
Old 10-10-2001, 10:49 PM   #89
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

(ooc: p.s. I know what ya mean about addiction mistral. I can't sleep over this! Nighty night all!)
Old 10-10-2001, 11:25 PM   #90
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

The robed figure brings his sword around in a feint arc, then spins around to kick at Larry's leg. Larry had played that game before. He jumped backwards, into a spinning whirl to give himself a bit more room to think things out. This man was the real thing. A master, Larry could tell. Doubt started to seep in.
The stranger was back on his feet quick, and brought his sword again at Larry's defence, and Larry decided to play his own trick. He brought the twin Katanas down in scissor formation to parry the intruding blade, then as Brightblade came at the robed man's face, Larry brought Nightblade in to draw blood at his stomach. As he did so, he put a spin into the act to retreat from any parry/strike that might come back at him. Neither of Larry's shots hit. The man had brought a small dirk into the battle, and had parried Nightblade as the long-sword was brought high to deflect Brightblade. The man then put a distance between Larry and himself, and drew out a small ball, which he threw at Larry's left side. The ball hit the ground, then produced a tangle of vines, growing incredibly fast. Larry reacted by putting himself into a whirlwind attack procedure, spinnig the blades around in a spiral formation, cutting his way through the foliage. Nightblade was actively vibrating while Brightblade had began a chiming musical sound. What were these blades trying to tell him! The stranger was upon Larry too quickly to think about it, and was bringing his sword around at Larry's thoat. Larry brought Brightblade around in a semi-circle to defend the intrusion as Nightblade was expecting the dirk from below. She found it. The robed one had been trying to sneak that nasty little thing into Larry's rib, but found Nightblade instead. A push of force got both blades again out of reach. By now, Brightblade was growing warm in Larry's right hand while Nighblade was feeling alot colder.

Suddenly, a voice was in his head, as though it were a passing thought. He heard two men's voices in unison...both directing him to the blades' uses. As he stood idle for a second, the attacker thought to make use of the apparent lack of attention. He threw the dirk as he charged, aiming his longsword in a swirling strike at Larry's neck.
Then a blinding flash took the robed man's sight for the moment. Larry had spun Brightblade around in a semi-arc at the same time that Nighblade completed the arc on the opposite side. Together, they had created a shield around Larry, that the dirk had disentegrated upon touch. The Arc was only a momentary one, and the thief knew that he was losing the battle. He had to get those swords! He charged Larry again, hoping for one, last attempt. He brought his long-sword in straight, curved it up as to punture a lung, but then stooped and spun around in a sweeping kick to throw Larry's grounding. Larry again was able to dodge this feint of strike, duck, kick that he was so familiar with himself. The man began to realize that his plan was not working. Upon standing up, he lashed outwith his blade in a spinning-sword manuver to catch Larry's eye, and as Brightblade came up to prevent the shot, the man stopped the spin before sword met sword, and reversed his grip on his sword to the other hand, spun around, and slashed Larry's stomach open before he could realize where the attack was coming from. Larry's shock at being bested almost cost him his life as he nearly did not see the blow coming from his left. Nighblade seemed to take control of that moment, and sprang from Larry's grasp to parry the killing blade while Brightblade again grew hot. The man's reaction to the swords taking over the battle was not pleasant ones. In fact, he was mortified.
He bagan to parry and dodge Nightblade as the sword took on a life of her own and was giving the attacker the definitional example of fear. Larry grasped his wound with his empty hand, and led Brighblade into battle once more. Now, the man seemed to be facing two or three defenders. He could not hold this off for long. Suddenly, Nighblade flew up and over the man, to appear at his backside. Larry was still on the original side. Turning to Larry, he made one final, desparate swipe as Nighblade came running through his heart from the back. Brightblade was aimed at the man's throat at the same instant.

Larry picked Nightblade from the victim's body, cleaned the blood stain from the steel of both swords, and headed back to the Inn.

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 10-10-2001).]