Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2001, 02:42 PM   #61
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

ooc: Nice job on the role playing Larry and Mistral

-Deiter looked down at Killing Spree in his arms."She seems to be getting better, but we might want to be on the safe side." Setting her down, the ranger pulled three different kind of herbs out and started to ground them together. Making it into paste Deiter gently put it on the burnt skin around the mark on Killing Spree. Getting out a bandage he wraped it up, then picked her up again.-

------------------

" If you are guided by the stars, you will only be able to travel by night. If you are guided by a map, you will be dependant on a piece of paper that is easily lost. If you are guided by your soul, you will always choose the right path."
Old 10-10-2001, 04:32 PM   #62
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

(ooc: Hey all!)

~The half-elf writhes suddenly at the opression of her red marking. This is the only sign of reaction as she falls back to her unconcious state of dream.~ (ooc: everything in silver is a dream)

"Where am I?" ~She turns round, looking for telltale signs of anything.~ "Wh... What has happend?" ~She stands cofused when a door sounds behind her. She turns around in fright. A half-elf stands in the room now, he looks very similar to her and has a comforting smile on his face. He is lean and tall with tousled brown hair and the same steel-set eyes.~ "Ar... Arrakis?" ~The man nods his head and speaks.~ "'Ello little one! 's been a while, 'asent it? Forgotten your brother?" ~He continues to smile, she laughs.~ "Hard road I take it? Keep your chin up little one, things are bound to get better." ~She takes a stride to embrace her brother, but he vanishes into thin air. She speaks shakily.~ "Arrakis? Arrakis come back!" ~She sinks to her knees, looking around her chamber of no escape. Suddenly she hears a breath from behind. She reaches for her sword, but it's not there. She turns behind in horror to see a cloaked black figure poised with a knife at her throat. She trembles as the figure pulls the dagger back, uncloaking his face. His hoarse voice growls.~ "I hate to frighten you Chani, you know it." ~She glares harshly at the blue-eyed man as he continues.~ "Truley you would come back? Come to your senses daughter! You are of the Night, and none other." ~She trembles angrily, stepping back.~ "Go away... I am Ravenwood! Not of your pathetic runnings from the past!" ~The man shakes his head and smirks.~ "Tsk child. I took this ranting from Arrakis and I WILL NOT take it from you. The Night calls, you know such." ~She shakes her head firmly~ "I am not! You run from a valience you could not achieve!" ~The man laughs, pulling a blue-hued katana from beneath his cloak.~ "Such a pity... Such a pity..." ~He charges at her with a blood-lusted fury as she stands whether in courage or terror. The blade sinks to her heart.~

~In reality the half-elves breathing quickens to an incredible pace. The red scythe begins to burn again and within minutes there is a scythe shaped hole in the bandage round her arm. A cold sweat breaks on her fore-head.~

------------------
"A man who won't die for something is not fit to live."
Old 10-10-2001, 04:48 PM   #63
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Larry turns to see K. Spree as if she were suffering from a terrible nightmare.
He notices Deiter's face turn pale as he is watching her in obvious torture.

Wha...what can I do to help? Larry nervously asks Deiter...

ooc...on my way to college, everyone...you can write my character into the story however you wish. I shall be back in 3-4 hours...good luck!
Old 10-10-2001, 05:04 PM   #64
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

~As the blade would hit her confused heart, all detoriorates. In a thunderous mass of nothingness she glides. Her eyes open slowly, looking around the enclosed scape that looked like dark clouds fit to burst. She allows herself to glide peacefully to a patch of the forboding gray. Looking around helplessly, she climbs to her feet. She shudders. Saying an old wood-elven proverb~ "Those who fear find themselves lost." ~She takes a cautious step forward, trying to make sure the footing was solid. A fierce wind blows her light brown hair, as well as the unfamiliar tunic that graced her hide. She continues upon the celestial path, treading carefully as if it would all give way. She hears a soft voice from behind, warm and kind. She turns to see an old elven woman, likely hundreds of decades ancient. Tears spring to her eyes, the loving aura of the woman was touching. She is comfirmed to be of sea elven decent as her voice clenches the stagnate air, her frail thin body shaking with effort. The clouds they stood upon begin to give a light rain. Killing Spree stands a short distance away, an admirable gaze in her eyes. The elf completes her serenade as a low roll of thunder sounds. Her pale blue form steps forward, and she hands Killing Spree a piece of parchment before dissapearing into the clouds. Alone again the half-elf looks at the paper in hand, it was blank. Dissapointed she starts to walk through the sea of cloud, but she falls through.~

~In reality her heart races and muscles at all sides tense.~
Old 10-10-2001, 05:58 PM   #65
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

ooc: *BUMP* Anybody home?!
Old 10-10-2001, 07:32 PM   #66
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

(ooc: Seems I just missed a heavy downpour; the streets are wet and I walked slowly, but I was still the first to reach my workplace! Anyone there?? )
Old 10-10-2001, 07:47 PM   #67
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

(ooc: I'm here... Waiting... )
Old 10-10-2001, 07:53 PM   #68
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I am here,,,give me a second to think things out...
Old 10-10-2001, 08:07 PM   #69
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

To Mistral's surprise, she finds Meldrin in her assigned room when she reaches there. She hurriedly brushes her sleeves against her moist cheeks and eyes.

"What do you want now, Meldrin? Haven't you done enough?!"

Meldrin watches her impassively for a while, then emits a single yawn. ~ "Like father, like daughter. Do you know he said the same thing to me exactly twenty-four of your human years ago?"

More about my past, the persistent pounding in Mistral's head barely allows her to think, I'm not sure I want to hear this, after all that has happened... ~ Meldrin's voice interrupts her thoughts once more ~

"The fool wouldn't listen to reason. I'd asked him politely to hand over the katana, but he refused! Bah!" ~ Spits on ground vehemently - it is apparent that the wound is still sore ~ "And so, I had some special medicine delivered to his wife...your mother. It was terribly easy; times were hard and it cost only 10 gold pieces to bribe one of her maids." ~ Turning to Mistral, his eyes flash with a burning flame ~ "Your father killed her with his stubbornness."

"The medicine weakened her considerably, and she died giving birth to you. But still, Aragorn wouldn't listen! He believed the katana to be his rightful possession, and clung on to it. After all, that was his only love after Eilonwy's death...but did he try to think? Did he consider the enormity of the injustice? Brightblade is a katana forged by us, the sea-elves, for God's sake!" ~ By now, his voice has risen and thunders throughout the palace. Just as suddenly, it drops to a whisper. ~

"So he helped in the historic battle back here, when this city was merely a village... that was his privilege!" ~ His voice slices the air ~ "He arrived the same way as all you inferior humans have. Poking your noses into everything!" ~ His cheeks shake as a strong emotion grips him ~ "Cyrus Nightblade was the greater fool! He ordered a katana to be specially forged for Aragorn, and made all the sea-elves swear a geas; we were never to harm Aragorn - by ourselves or through others - as long as this human was alive."

Mistral's hands grip the nearest pillar as she steadies herself at yet another twist to her already convoluted past. "But you harmed my mother!" she blurts, unable to withhold her anger and curiousity any longer.

"The geas says never to harm Aragorn - it mentions nothing about his family." ~ The cruel smile on Meldrin's face slaps Mistral across her face. ~ "I'm not a violent character, Mistral, not unless I'm pushed to the limit. Let us pray that your friends return with the blade, or more blood shall flow because of it."~

(ooc: Let's take it that it's a mutual oath - Aragorn has also sworn never to draw sea-elven blood for as long as he lives - after the historic battle.)

[This message has been edited by mistral4543 (edited 10-11-2001).]
Old 10-10-2001, 08:26 PM   #70
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

"Look at Spree!
Come on, Deiter, we cannot just wait around anymore...
I don't think we can help her alone...lets go find a temple, or something!"

Deiter agrees that they should find help somewhere, so he hoists Spree up in his arms, ever so gently, and they head out to take Spree to a temple, where maybe a priest could tell them what is wrong with her.

They soon find a temple of Lathandar and go inside. As usual, there was a thin man in robes to be found inside. Deiter explained all that he knew of the situation and showed the mark on Spree's arm to the man of the faith. The priest mentioned that the mark could be a geas, or some sort of spell-hold on her soul. It could have very many aspects, depending on how she aquired it, and by what the intentions of the inflictor had in mind. It was entirely possible that she could die from the result of a priest trying to break the enchantment. He had never seen one like this before.
Concerning the restless sleep, she could be having a terrible battle within her self. A second person, the real Spree trying to get out, or maybe the mark on her arm was reminding her of the past, that up till now, she had made herself forget.

"Either way", the priest concluded..."she must be having some terrible inner battle with herself...or something else. If she wins, she will live, and awake...
if she fails the test...and the past is too strong for her will...well, then I am sorry for you".

Larry paid the man with a scroll that Mistral had given him. It was the scroll of stoneskin. They were told to check into an Inn for the night, that Spree would need a good, soft bed. That is exactly where she was laid. Deiter resloved to stand watch over her the whole night, while Kaz promised to do dishes to pay the Inn-keeper.
Larry stood outside the Inn, watching the townsfolk bed down for the night.
At that moment, he was trying to figure out how they were going to find the sword.
But Spree's failing health and tortured mind was keeping him from focusing his thoughts. He had to go where he could think things out more. Deiter was obviously so shaken up from seeing his beloved friend wounded, and was not going to budge from her side. Kaz was being the one to try and keep sanity in the group and offer her support, but Larry needed to be the one to decide what to do. He hated this.

"It is just so much easier to let someone else do the work. I am no hero. I cannot even find a silly sword to save Mistral's life!"

Life had become pretty complex, indeed.

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 10-10-2001).]