Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2001, 11:36 PM   #141
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Larry, realizing that he is never going to figure this woman out, arises and sets into a nearby chair. He is totally exausted from the previous day's events and needs a nap before they go on a killing spree...

He decides at length to see if one of the potions Mistral had given him had any healing properties. He still needed some healing in order to feel fresh for tommorrow's big day. He looks through his belongings and finds a flask that he identifies as a potion of healing. Instead of drinking the foul liquid, he used it as an ointment over his scar, and the wound began to become less apparent and slightly pink with the new flesh added. When that was done, he wandered down to the kitchen to see if Kaz was ok. She had been working as a free handy-person around the Inn the past day or so. So much that Larry almost forgot about her. She was there now, sweeping the main lobby of the Inn when Larry approached her.

"How is it going, my friend"?
"Oh, I am fine, and you"?
"OK, I guess".

"I wish you were not stuck down here, having to be a maid in some cheap Inn...
Your talents are needed with us".

"Well, thank you for that compliment, but I feel that I can best serve the party at the moment by doing what I am doing. It is giving all of you, the real adventurers, some needed rest and comfort."

"We appreciate all that you are doing to help, but in the next couple of days...we will be going to the underwater city to save Mistral. I wish you would come along. I may need you."

"You are doing fine without me, for the moment...I just don't know if I am up to the burdon of war. I mean, I really would just like to serve the party in my own little way. I hope you can understand."

"I do; honest! Promise me that if I am not meant to return from this ordeal, that you will carry word to Avatar that I died in good faith to my Goddess, and that the Mantle of Membership Clerk should be passed to Waverider."

~Kaz begins to tremble as tears start to flow down her cheeks.~

"I ...I promise...Please come back! Don't make me suffer the weight of Telling Avatar that you are gone...please!"

~Larry takes Kaz in his arms, ensuring her that everything will be alright. She weeps into his chest for but a moment, before pulling away~.

"Now, I must get back to my chores...I have alot to get done. Take care of yourself, Larry. You serve the High Lady well. May she protect your paths of righteousness!".

With that said, Kaz walks into the next room. Lary is once again alone. Maybe more so now than he ever has been.

Old 10-12-2001, 12:19 AM   #142
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Mistral's Thoughts

This path that I chose
Seems selfish yet right
The blade is so close
And soon shall be mine
Wielding the blade I
Dance with my Father
Mother is watching
She laughs at the sight
So close to me now
This thing of the past
What joy it will bring
I dare not decide
Have I done wrong
Inciting revolts
Without their support
My friends shall all die
Have I grown cold that
Lives matter no more
My alignment wavers
I wait for a sign
Oh Mystra! Help me
Before they arrive...

[This message has been edited by mistral4543 (edited 10-12-2001).]
Old 10-12-2001, 11:17 AM   #143
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Only a few more posts can fit on this thread before we hit the 150 maximum.

Does anyone have any objections to calling it The One-Eyed Wolf #3, or should we alter that to fit our current story setting?

Kaz and DragonMage, do you have all of this copied??
I would hate for Ziroc to switch over to Linux in the next day or so, and something go wrong that would clear the memory of our files.
That would be bad...

By the way...since Mistral will be online Friday night and Saturday, now would be a great time to wrap up the rescue mission in the next couple of days. That way, she is there to interact with us while we are hauling tail outta there. Then, after the weekend, we can figure what to do about building the tavern that Spree wants, and figure out where to adventure next.

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 10-12-2001).]
Old 10-12-2001, 11:21 AM   #144
mistral4543

~ After what appears to be an eternity ~

The body of Mistral is sprawled against the dressing table, the ground covered with damaged anemones, dried fruit and chipped pebbles. Her swords lie carelessly in the folds of her robe.

Mistral's breath is regular and easy, and in slumber, peace seems to have found its way into her at last. Her smile, while slight, is serene.
Old 10-12-2001, 12:03 PM   #145
mistral4543

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
Only a few more posts can fit on this thread before we hit the 150 maximum.

Does anyone have any objections to calling it The One-Eyed Wolf #3, or should we alter that to fit our current story setting?

Kaz and DragonMage, do you have all of this copied??
I would hate for Ziroc to switch over to Linux in the next day or so, and something go wrong that would clear the memory of our files.
That would be bad...

By the way...since Mistral will be online Friday night and Saturday, now would be a great time to wrap up the rescue mission in the next couple of days. That way, she is there to interact with us while we are hauling tail outta there. Then, after the weekend, we can figure what to do about building the tavern that Spree wants, and figure out where to adventure next.

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 10-12-2001).]
Larry - I've no objections to any name. Is Kaz away for a few days? Haven't seen her around for a while.

Will check again in about 4-5 hours' time, that's when KS and Deiter are usually around right?
Old 10-12-2001, 02:33 PM   #146
mistral4543

{ ooc: Oh yes, just a minor clarification - I will be online tonight and Sat night my side (ie, US afternoon/evening). My parents will scream if they find out I'm still staring at the comp screen when my eyes have been infected so recently.

The other thing about logging this story... when all fails, try the crude method of saving as plain text; that's what I've done

Ok, waiting for all of ya to come onboard for more action! }

Old 10-12-2001, 03:31 PM   #147
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Well, I have been told to just bump around in the dark until Spree gets online to lead us through the Portal.
Hopefully, I can time this right to be here when she and Deiter are.
If not, then blast, blast, blast...

Larry, knowing that his greatest challenge lied ahead, actually through a wall and to the bottom of the ocean, he prepared for this mission by double checking his wares, made sure the swords were cleaned, and studied that various Scrolls and Potions that Mistral had given him.

He paced back and forth, to the irritation of the rest of the group.
He was nervous, anxious, and willing to go into enevitable death...
Old 10-12-2001, 03:40 PM   #148
mistral4543

OOC: Guys/gals - Anyone wants to assume the role of Meldrin? I don't mind taking a backseat and concentrating just on Mistral. (Btw, shall we decide how powerful he is? Could be end of story if he's like level 21 or smtg and the rest of us below level 15 )
Old 10-12-2001, 03:48 PM   #149
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

~She looks at Larry.~ "Stop it..." ~She turns to Deiter exhaling, with a whimpering look, not unlike the one Missing Link had given to Deiter back at the KFA. If she had a tail it would be tucked between her legs. She takes a step forward, at a speaking distance.~ "I'm eternally sorry for all the worry I may have caused you over the past few days." ~She looks to his eyes, a shimmer of mischief arising, half wanting to say something witty, half wanting to stay sincere.~

ooc: You should keep your control. You brought him into this world, we'll take him out. Just add side notes when you're posting for yourself Mistral.

ALSO, when this whole thing is over I have a side-quest we may wish to embark on. I only have the beginnings of it formed, but it should be as interesting if not more than this. And it won't involve me getting knocked unconcious! (Though if Larry keeps it up K.S. may just smash his head in! LOL)
Old 10-12-2001, 03:54 PM   #150
mistral4543

ooc: OK, I'll try my best not to overplay/underplay... starting new thread??