Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2001, 11:34 AM   #1
vercintegorix
Welcomed New User

howdy--anyone know why my 20th level fighter can no longer advance in levels? next to the xp needed is just says -1 and stays that way. did i miss something?

verc
vercintegorix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 12:51 PM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

your -1 was from using the cheats way of setting your experience points higher than the normal game would allow. But there is a limit as to how high the cheat can take you as well...Your not going to get higher than level 20.

------------------

Larry of the Holy Flame
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 01:03 PM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Actually, let me make sure that I have understood what has happened. The character with -1 on his exp. points was you imported char. from IWD, right??? And did you you the cheat-thing to raise him all the way up??? If so, I don't think that HofW can take your cheated stats and work with them. If they had been left alone in IWD, then the HofW would have taken your stats and coninued to raise them to 30, I think...Maybe when the cheater thingy for Hf W is done, you can then re-cheat your char.'s stats to whatever....does that make since??? Can anyone else on this board help further??? Please do, if I am wrong...

------------------

Larry of the Holy Flame
Old 03-09-2001, 03:44 PM   #4
vercintegorix
Welcomed New User

howdy--thanks for such quick responses. yes, i imported characters and have started playing the game in heart of fury mode. these characters have not been enhanced via a cheat code. the only cheat i have used is the one that lets me zip my characters around the map. would this cheat screw up the xp cap? if so, is there any way to fix it? i tried disabling the cheat console and have taken the line out of my ini file, but that didn't work. any suggestions? thank you very much for trying to help me with this.

verc
vercintegorix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 04:44 PM   #5
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I wish that I was not the only one answering your question. I myself am using a few cheats along the way, (money, arrows, etc.) and have not encountered any problem. In fact, no one else seems to be complaining, either. Maybe if all else fails, you can call tech support, and maybe they know something we do not...since they get paid to do that...

------------------

Larry of the Holy Flame