Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2003, 02:47 PM   #1
Faceman
Hathor

i have completed the ice palace (talked to nathaniel and given him ring of the ram) but the enemies in Oria's game room area little bit tough one the upper ranks, so here is my question

Can I come back later in the game to defeat them and get whatever items are the reward or will the palace (and thus the game room) be gone once the glacier is broken?
Also: Are the items there worth coming back later in the game or are they only good to obtain early in the game?
And finally: do I have to beat every rank five times (first with three squares then with four ...) or is it sufficient to beat every rank with seven squares to achieve mastery?
Old 05-18-2003, 05:38 PM   #2
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

You can go back to the Ice Temple and complete the battle squares later in the game. However, once you have passed a certain point that option is closed. IIRC, that point is reached when you enter Kuldahar.

To answer your last question, NO. You must complete each of the five levels in each rank (3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 squares) to complete the rank.

Try using the Club of Disruption. [img]smile.gif[/img] It has the capability to banish elementals and demons with ONE hit. It can actually make the upper ranks easier.

Some of the items are VERY nice, especially a particular short sword. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2003, 11:05 PM   #3
Magness
Quintesson

Micah is correct. There are quite a few excellent items.

There are 3 items of particular value.

SPOILER

Club of Disruption +3. You'll want to keep this one right up to the very end. Perhaps the very best blunt weapon in the game.

Brilliant Short Sword +5. Definitely IMHO the very best short sword in the game. Every rogue should have one.

Bracers of Icelandic Pearl (IIRC). +4 Bracers, -2 DEX, plus some useful special 1 or 2/day spells. A definite must have for every wannabe mage!
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 11:30 AM   #4
Vassago
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Micah Foehammer:
You must complete each of the five levels in each rank (3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 squares) to complete the rank.
I thought there were ten switches making it 10 levels. Do only the first 5 work? I have completed all the ranks in the first 3 levels.
Old 06-02-2003, 12:04 PM   #5
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Vassago:
I thought there were ten switches making it 10 levels. Do only the first 5 work? I have completed all the ranks in the first 3 levels. [/QUOTE]

you got rank and level mixed up... there are 10 ranks, 1 switch for each... you probably completed all levels in first three ranks
Old 06-02-2003, 05:26 PM   #6
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by ZFR:
quote:
Originally posted by Vassago:
I thought there were ten switches making it 10 levels. Do only the first 5 work? I have completed all the ranks in the first 3 levels. [/QUOTE]you got rank and level mixed up... there are 10 ranks, 1 switch for each... you probably completed all levels in first three ranks [/QUOTE]

Vassago,

ZFR and I had it right, but its not a big deal. There are 10 different ranks that must be completed, and five levels within each rank. ALL 10 switches do indeed work. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote