Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2004, 05:40 AM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

I have a clean install of XP on my Alienware, and the server is now on it. Let me know if you notice a HUGE speed increase. It should be SCREAMING fast! [img]smile.gif[/img]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 09:52 AM   #2
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

So, Thats why I was zipping from area to area this mourning. I thought I was just on a clear line for a change.
I have 6 computers set up in my house on LAN and when I have friends over we play Call of Duty, Halo, NWN and a number of other Multiplayer games. Now your server is very close to that speed or at least is was a while ago, this is great!!!!
Old 08-27-2004, 11:01 AM   #3
StigTC

Bah, the phone company better hurry up and come fix that broken phone line.
I can't bother playing online when the internet crashes every 5 minutes.
One fine day in the middle of the night, two dead boys got up to fight, <br />Back to back they faced each other, drew their swords and shot each other. <br />The deaf policeman heard the noise, and came and shot those two dead boys. <br />If you don\'t believe this joke is true, ask the blind man, he saw it too!
StigTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 07:36 PM   #4
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

It still lags a little when Buying or selling things to Duran and talking to him waiting for a responce or for the next line of conversation to click on. That may be on my end due to Cable problems Adelphia was having. it seems that a number of their remote amplifer stations on the east coast got zapped in an electral storm. you know what lightining can do to your computer. today it is working much better but, if or should I say when I sell things to Duran and switch from one bag of holding to another the game locks up and I have to hit reset Then reload your server. This doesn't happen every time anymore just every 4th time. That's why I'm thinking it's because of my cable server and their resetting of the system.
They told me everything is suspose to be back up to 100% by monday Aug 30th or before.It better be before or I'll switch over to COX cable.

Most everything else is running smooth and alot faster.
load time when traveling from one floor to another "speedy quick".
unlocking chests is a whole lot faster (ZIP and its unlocked).

One problem on the main Inn floor and the speed of conversation may be:
there is so much going on in that room it may cause a little bit of lag but if that the worst that is happening I wouldn't sweat it. we can live with it without complaining. as I said that too may be on my end.
Old 08-28-2004, 09:05 PM   #5
Teri-sha Illistyn
Zhentarim Guard

Ive noticed a definite speed increase. Skullport is still slow but the game runs much smoother... it seems to me anyway.
Old 08-29-2004, 05:55 AM   #6
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Yeah leval loading times are better and speed has increased everywhere but Skullport.

That area ALWAYS laggs for me. Doens't matter if im the only person on or if there are 5 of us.

Ohh btw. the skull guardian near the kraken spy( i think its him ) always casts timestop when you go near him.
Old 08-29-2004, 11:49 AM   #7
Teri-sha Illistyn
Zhentarim Guard

He is just checking on everything. See the skull guardians are way over worked and under paid... so to save time they use time stop from time to time to catch up on their duties... or when a hot female skeleton walks by. I always catch them checking out my female characters too.

Anyway.....
Old 08-30-2004, 12:52 AM   #8
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

That was more imformation than I needed. I hope those skull guardians don't het a "boner" when you go past LOL. I crack me up!