Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2002, 06:37 AM   #1
uss
20th Level Warrior

which do you like more, the big baddie in bg 1 or bg 2? i think i like Sarevok more, but irenicus is cool too [img]tongue.gif[/img]
uss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 06:40 AM   #2
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

hmmmm.... I dont have Bg1.... but judging from ToB...... Sarevok!!! Sarevok!!! Sarevok!!!
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 06:55 AM   #3
don_carlo_uk
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Irenicus had the best lines.

Silence dog you have no purpose but to die by my hands!
You have only a portion of your soul and *still* you oppose me?
etc etc

but Sarevok had the best intro. The way he was led into the plot and the generall buildup of Bg1 was masterfull. the night i found out about the Bhall thing in candlekeep.....ahhhhhh fantastic.

Mind you i have still NEVER managed to beat sarevok. Irenicus was relatively easy as i usually have 3 mages types in my parties but the TOSC enhanced Sarevok fight has always eluded me.

very tough call. Sarevok wins IMHO, just.

PS i still want an Irenicus Sephiroth celebrity deathmatch.
Old 03-01-2002, 07:47 AM   #4
Jan

Never played BG1 but I'll go for Sarevok. Irenicus was a wuz.
Old 03-01-2002, 02:23 PM   #5
melancholic_goat
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Sarevok, Irenicus is a nerd compared to Sarevok's mastery! I never managed to beat the armour-encased bugger either. Killed all his mates, but then chop, chop, chop, hey where'd my party go? Ow, thats stings... *thud*
Old 03-01-2002, 02:26 PM   #6
uss
20th Level Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by Jan:
Never played BG1 but I'll go for Sarevok. Irenicus was a wuz.

nah, irenicus was cool, but not enough to beat sarevok [img]tongue.gif[/img]
the cool thing about sarevok was that he tried to kill you with mercenaries, he tried to kill you but the main char didn`t know horses**t about who wants "me" dead.
but irenicus, you wonder who imprisoned you for about an hour, and then you go to killing him
uss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 02:28 PM   #7
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Jonathan Irenicus is cool!

That's all man!
I can feel the touch of wind on my face. Strong wind was slapping my face. I can feel the ground shake. The sky roars with vengeance and fury. From the shadows, I heard the Archmage's words:"İbne Fenner!" And then..I can't remember the rest..
Zoltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 02:37 PM   #8
daan
Silver Dragon

I love sarevok, great character.
Irenicus is more of a " Im above you all" guy,
while Sarevok is more of a " i dont care what you are, i'm gonna beat the crap out of you just for fun" kinda guy.
And still Sarevok is better in thinking up devious plans to destroy you, and then blaming santa claus's elf John Doe.

So not only does he have muscle, and could suddenly stomp you in the face if your conversation id boring, he could also rig a worldconspiracy to make Joneleth make some silly dwarf steal your teeth.
Hell, i wouldnt be surprised if Sarevok was directing Irenicus's actions without the li'l elf ever knowing, just so that he could become living once again [img]smile.gif[/img]

gotta love 'em
Old 03-01-2002, 02:45 PM   #9
J'aran
Mephistopheles

I agree with daan wholeheartedly. Sarevok is a warrior without equal and on top of that he's a master of intrigue and tactics.
And I would want to add to this the fact that he has glowing eyes. That alone is enough to make him the best in my book.
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 04:38 PM   #10
Wedin

What are you people saying? Irenicus rocked! His background, his comment´s, his voice (love mr Warner!), just everything (except all those un-elven muscles).
Sarevok was a brutish fighter, but Irencius, as a true wizard, had class, had the "I-crush-you-like-a-worm-without-being-drenched-in-your-blood" style.

Though, I agree that the way Sarevok does it (not letting you know who wants you dead, that armoured figure was so creepy etc) is superior to Irenicus'.
But that is the story-writers fault, not our beloved, elven arch-mage [img]smile.gif[/img]