Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2000, 04:25 PM   #1
THE_ONE

I have scanned this forum several times to find out how to climb down the ladders. The usual advice I found was: Just go splat like the rest of us does. So I set down from time to time and tried how to do it better. Finally, I found out how it works (most of the time).

Well, basically it is not that much different from how you really do it. It is done in two movements:

First: Turn your back to the ladder and walk backwards (back cursor), until you can look down the ladder easily. It is helpful to start looking down while going backwards.

Second: Climb down with the a forward movement (forward cursor). If you did not go backwards far enough, you will of course move forward again instead of climbing down.

I have to admit it does not work all the time. Especially with ladders fixed on the opposite wall it is more difficult (like in the windmill), but I have a success rate of about 80%!

Hope to reduce the need of Healing Realm with this!

THE ONE
Old 12-11-2000, 04:54 PM   #2
Davros
Takhisis Follower

That's easily the best description I have come across for how to do it. Then again, you have to ask yourself is it half as much fun as the "Geronimo lemming splat" method. Once your up a few levels the splat doesn't really bother anymore, and for me at least, it is one of those endearing quirks that I love about the game.
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2000, 02:46 AM   #3
tritone

I agree - it even gives us a reason to up athletics skill! But thanks for the info, THE_ONE - I'll be trying it out! I'm also quite used to getting falling damage when I run up a steep ridge and take off!