Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2002, 10:34 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

You know the guy drinking that has things to sell and has that wolf charm? He wants to drink you under the table for it...and if you beat him it's your's...

So...I am interested in how you got it.

This is how I did it.

First, my half-elf leader tried...but lost. Then, I tried to use my dwarf, but he would not go against my dwarf. So...I used my teifling. She looked innocent enough, right? hehe.....Well...she won. She is going to be my favorite pary member, I think.
Old 09-15-2002, 10:46 PM   #2
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

my all characters have 14 con except dwarf (18) but he dont race with my dwarf. he beats my human. but I dont tried tiefling? good idea
I can feel the touch of wind on my face. Strong wind was slapping my face. I can feel the ground shake. The sky roars with vengeance and fury. From the shadows, I heard the Archmage's words:"İbne Fenner!" And then..I can't remember the rest..
Zoltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2002, 11:13 PM   #3
Baldassare
Dungeon Master

I'm hoping that Zoltan is either on Crack rock; 10 years old; or from a place really really far away!
Old 09-15-2002, 11:15 PM   #4
vesselle
Hathor

hahaha!

i haven't been able to get it by drinking with any of my chars. i have a 4 person party, pretty much another Blonde Brigade, but we can do about 5 or 6 rounds with him and each one of us falls down, groaning.

my silly little halfling decided to pick his pocket while he was busy pouring that vile stuff down our throats, tho. hah! she did it, too. color us all green (not only with envy, but from having to drink that icky drink)!

V***V
Old 09-15-2002, 11:19 PM   #5
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

First of all...I LOVE that signature pic. Next, hey! That was a good idea, picking his pocket. Was probably easy enough, with him all drunk and all...I should have thought of that before I sent my half-elf to the floor.
Old 09-15-2002, 11:48 PM   #6
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

Pickpocket him...DAMN, why didn't I thought of that...?! *hit himself in the head*.
Old 09-15-2002, 11:56 PM   #7
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

I had a female 1/2 Orc barbarian in the group who had an 18 Con. Not only did she beat him, but there is some cool dialogue about her being a "girl" and therefore not a real challenge - until he lost that is
Old 09-16-2002, 03:10 AM   #8
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Well... I think this encounter is strange, my tiefling thief has 16 constitution, but lost at first round.

My human fighter has 14 constitution, but can last 3 round...

Finally my thiefling thief got the last laugh, but not in the drinking contest.
Old 09-16-2002, 04:14 AM   #9
Warhammer
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by vesselle:
hahaha!

V***V
Vesselle!!! I am glad to see you again!!!

Actually I won the contest with a tiefling wizard. She had 18 in constituion, that is the deceisive factor not class / race.
Old 09-16-2002, 06:25 AM   #10
DraconisRex

Drank him under the table. Thought my elf ranger was some constitutionless wimp. Ha ha ha ha ha ha.... Little did he know my elf was Arnoldembas Schwrazthenzenfingolfin!
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?<br /><br />Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur.<br /><br />Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
DraconisRex is offline   Reply With Quote