Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2002, 05:53 PM   #1
Drake
Baaz Draconian

don't even know if that's the title...anyway for those of you that have read the serries please tell me something. in the books there are some people(mages) that are controled by these callers. right how does one deactivate these callers? or just get them off? any info will be nice.

thx
Old 05-01-2002, 05:56 PM   #2
the sauceman
Zhentarim Guard

Wheel of Time series, maybe?
I havent read the series yet though....
But as soon as I do Ill try and help you...
Old 05-01-2002, 06:08 PM   #3
Sir Mandorallen
Baaz Draconian

ONE OF THE WHEEL OF TIME EXPERTS HERE!!!!!!!

What you are talking about are the aldam used by the seachen on the spellcasters of the land of wheel of time, which are known as channelers. Or (a women channeler) Aes Sedi.

These collars use the one power to link a channeler with another person. (a point the Seachan at first don't know is you have to be able to channel to control the person with the colar.) The colar can only be removed by someone other than the person with it on. The person with it on cannot even touch their own colar with their hands. For someone else to remove it all they have to do is apply pressure to a certain spot and... VOLIA!!!! HORAY ITS OFF!!!!

Anyway... I love that series.
Old 05-01-2002, 06:16 PM   #4
Drake
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Mandorallen:
ONE OF THE WHEEL OF TIME EXPERTS HERE!!!!!!!

What you are talking about are the aldam used by the seachen on the spellcasters of the land of wheel of time, which are known as channelers. Or (a women channeler) Aes Sedi.

These collars use the one power to link a channeler with another person. (a point the Seachan at first don't know is you have to be able to channel to control the person with the colar.) The colar can only be removed by someone other than the person with it on. The person with it on cannot even touch their own colar with their hands. For someone else to remove it all they have to do is apply pressure to a certain spot and... VOLIA!!!! HORAY ITS OFF!!!!

Anyway... I love that series.
thx thx, do you happen to know what spot??

thx again
Old 05-01-2002, 06:20 PM   #5
Sir Mandorallen
Baaz Draconian

Uhhh.... no. I do know that you find out how they do it when Elayne and Nyv...(whatever) try to get Ewgene out of it. They test first by using the one power to push on a spot on the colar of another person in a al'dam. I would guess maybe in the back of the colar somewhere.... hmmm..... I don't rightly know.

Anyway, may I ask why you are asking??

I have always have been a curious person.
Old 05-01-2002, 06:25 PM   #6
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I really wouldn't compare them to Mages - more like Sorcerers than anything else...and they don't specify where on the chain the links are to take the collar off....and, like Sir Mandorallen said, why do you want to know?

BK
The Black Storm Cloud of the Night - Consort to a Queen- Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way - Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons - Heart, Mind, and Soul- Newbie at Heart - ()xxxxxxxxxxxxx{}:::::::::::::::::::::>
Old 05-01-2002, 06:30 PM   #7
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Sir Mandorallen - were you intentionally spelling that poorly, or is it deliberately aimed to draw a response. I count eight spelling "misatkes" in the one paragraph (and the less said about "grandma" the better). I especially like the capitalised ones - as if you were wanting to emphasise them. "VOLIA!!!" - - just my 2 cents worth.
Old 05-01-2002, 06:36 PM   #8
Sir Mandorallen
Baaz Draconian

hey! Dont make fun of my speling abileties! Just because I cant spel dosent men that u kan make fun of me!

J/K!!!!!

Thanx for pointing that out! I didn't spell them wrong on purpose. Its just that I don't ussualy spell very well, and I didn't check that post for grammatical errors anyway. But it all can be brought down to one point.....

I just can't spell some words worth a hill of beans! Sorry!
Old 05-01-2002, 06:38 PM   #9
lroyo

Perhaps Drake's hometown has been overrun by the Seanchan army, with Suldam's taking Damane's at every opportunity.

Drake, if you know someone that has been collared, you should seek the help of Mat Cauthon. He has had experience in attempting to rescue imprisoned Damane's.

Old 05-01-2002, 06:45 PM   #10
Sir Mandorallen
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Aviendha:
Perhaps Drake's hometown has been overrun by the Seanchan army, with Suldam's taking Damane's at every opportunity.

Drake, if you know someone that has been collared, you should seek the help of Mat Cauthon. He has had experience in attempting to rescue imprisoned Damane's.
I wondered when you were going to show up!

Mat would help yes.... but if the Seachan have an army there he better get Mat AND THE BAND OF THE RED HAND!!! HA HA! We would crush the Seanchan army to dust!! Damane or no Damane!!

"For the Dragon!! For Lord Mat!!!!!"