Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2003, 11:14 PM   #21
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Stormy wins. I surrender.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 11-06-2003, 11:20 PM   #22
Chewbacca
Zartan

Light Bulb

I impaled my left foot on an upright broken wine bottle while running from "it" during hide-n-go-seek. Well over 1000 stitches and the blood was pouring from my foot like a bottomless pitcher had been turned over.

Funny thing is I actually tried to kick the ER doctor with the same foot when he went to give me a local pain-numbing shot. I hate neddles.
Old 11-06-2003, 11:52 PM   #23
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

i won...darn I still had more horror stories to tell [img]tongue.gif[/img] Chewi, that is bad, I almost wish I did not know hwo that felt, lol, but i do will not go into any more stories, because it would appear that no one was as accident prone as I was I was one of only 4 girls in my family, the rest are boys, so we had to learn to tough it up needless to say, I "saw" alot of fights between my brothers and cousins, that I wound up the one with the bloody nose
Old 11-06-2003, 11:58 PM   #24
SomeGuy
Unicorn

I was at a friend's house, who's older brother owned a very large pit bull... Still have the scar on my wrist [img]tongue.gif[/img] Also, not a painful experiance, but a friend locked me in this huge toy trunk when I was three. Scared the hell out of me, still freaks me out just thinking about it. Also, when I was 6, I was at a bowling alley with my dad, and for some reason I was running my fingers along the converyer belt that brought the balls back up. Finger slipped, fell into the gears, still have the scar. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 11-07-2003, 06:36 AM   #25
Jorath Calar
Harper

Eeeek, seems like I opened a nice can of worms here... some of those stories are chilling... [img]smile.gif[/img]

And stormy, after reading your stories... just happy you are still alive... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2003, 06:47 AM   #26
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Do you know it is possible to totally freak out your mother if as a 5 or 6 yr old you help her dig some weeds by grabbing the garden pichfork and driving it enthusiastically (and completely) smack bang through the centre of your instep and have 2 tines protrude a good 3 or 4 inches out of the arch of your foot.

Funnily enough, whilst that kinda stung a little, it was nothing like what it felt like when my dad arrived home that afternoon. I was bravely extending the wounded appendage for inspection as he was turned about talking to my mother. He suddenly lost balance and took a step back quickly, landing squarely with his substantial weight on the aforementioned badly abused instep.

Oh, I forgot to mention he was still wearing his cricket spikes.

Over to you Stormy
Old 11-07-2003, 06:52 AM   #27
dplax
Jack Burton

Worst for me worst was once falling on stairs and fracturing my skull, blood just kept pouring out for a long time and I still have the mark of it. not on the skin, but if I run my finger along the skin, I can feel a sort of line in the bone.

Edit: BTW I was about 9-10 at the time, and this was just 2-3 days before christmas.

[ 11-07-2003, 06:54 AM: Message edited by: dplax ]

Old 11-07-2003, 10:09 AM   #28
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

wow davros, that had to hurt bad...hmm can I top that one? hmm, not sure if i can at the moment, just woke up, after getting to sleep at 6 this morning :/ let me get back to you on that
When I was 16, I was leading a horse to her trough, and I was barefooted, well she decided to head butt me, telling me she liked me, and i stumbled, pulling on her Reigns, pulling her onto my foot, and reflex caused me to jerk my foot before thinking about the consequences of that action, I ripped my toenail off, and crushed the toe, I also had problems with the in grown toe nails, I fixed that myself though, by keepin the corner cut off, and digging the edge out..who else was it that had their toe nail drasticly removed?
and Jorath, thanks, I am glad i am still here to, bad things is mydaughters are following on my footsteps, and are very accident prone, skyler has a uge bruise on her hip, that when her leg is straight, looks like a hand print, i went off on my husband about it, until I was putting a diaper back on her, when I put her leg up, bent at the knee, you could see the full shape of the bruise was in fact a complete circle from where she had fallen earlier on a tupperware bowl

ok This is not childhood, but it was really bad, and really gross, so stop readng now if you do not want to hear it [img]tongue.gif[/img]
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
When I was pregnant with my son, I had a cyst on my ovary, my doctor said it did not exsist, well, five and a half months into the pregnancy, it ruptures, causing me to go into premuture labor, I waited for over 2 hours to be seen by a doctor, it would appear that another woman had gone into labor, and they could not stop her bleeding, well, when the doctor got to me, my son was transverse(coming out sideways) and his arm was already out, they gave me an epidurel, rushed me to the OR, and starting cutting, and I started screaming, it would appear that the epidurel did not work for me, because I felt every knife cut he made, the finally had to put my under to finish, he had made 4 cuts into my adbdomen before figuring out that I was really feeling it, they tried just holding me down, but I thrashed and kicked to much. My husband sat at my side the whole time, seeing everything, and knowing there was nothing he could do to stop the pain

[ 11-07-2003, 10:30 AM: Message edited by: Stormymystic ]
Old 11-07-2003, 10:09 AM   #29
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Looking at my hand, I just remembered another one... Can I have two bad experiences?

Once in a disco, I got drunk and almost into a fight. I drank my drink and wanted to slam in down hard on the bar. The glass broke and cut open my hand. I wanted to fight the other guy, but my GF dragged me to the first aid, cuz the blood was literally gushing out of my hand. But that wasn't the pain...
Next day, I woke up and needed to go and see a doctor. The doc took off my bandage and needed to look into the wounds to see if any glass remained. So he pulled open 5 cut-wounds in my hand. I nearly wept, DAMN that was a nasty feeling......
Old 11-07-2003, 10:23 AM   #30
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Stormymystic:
wow davros, that had to hurt bad...hmm can I top that one? hmm, not sure if i can at the moment, just woke up, after getting to sleep at 6 this morning :/ let me get back to you on that
LOL - I've got an itch that I can't quite scratch which tells me you will!

[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show