Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2005, 08:31 AM   #1
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

here's my idea - When i play my mage, i was thinking of cool ways of winning fights etc, and i thaught - Brain Control.

Is it possible to use this type of magic?
Old 02-08-2005, 11:49 AM   #2
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

umm..What actually do you mean by Brain Control? Do you mean by using Calm Humanoid and Calm Monster spell? Those spell are nice but it only makes monsters stop attacking you. You still have to use weapon/ other spell to kill them. Might as well use weapon / other spell in the first place.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 12:34 PM   #3
Radek
Red Dragon

Moreover, the spells are overpriced (in mana points) hugely. You can forget these spells safely.
Old 02-08-2005, 04:54 PM   #4
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

Actually, as a wood elf you can control calm creatures to fight for you for a certain amount of time. I fogot what the spell is called, and I'm not sure if you can buy/make it.
armageddon272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 02:27 PM   #5
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

Hmm, not really what i was looking for. Ah well, i'llfind my entertainment elsehwere [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-10-2005, 09:09 PM   #6
Lox
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by armageddon272:
Actually, as a wood elf you can control calm creatures to fight for you for a certain amount of time. I fogot what the spell is called, and I'm not sure if you can buy/make it.
It's called Word of the Beast, or somesuch, and is an innate racial ability. I've used it once, on a rat. He killed another rat, then followed me into Seyda Neen, where a guard killed it. [img]graemlins/lol.gif[/img]

The command humanoid/creature spell does have some nice uses. Once you succesfully command an NPC you can tell them where to go. So, for instance, you can "kidnap" one of the dancers in Suran and take her back to your house/stronghold. Not sure how useful it is in combat though.

[ 02-10-2005, 09:11 PM: Message edited by: Lox ]