Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2003, 04:13 PM   #1
rbeane1
The Magister

Ok, I made the trang hostile by acident. Now I have the umpanni
trang alliance letter but Z'ant attacks before I cant give it to
him. Any idea's ? I tried dust of deffection but Zant doesnt turn.
sorry for the spelling.
rbeane1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 06:13 PM   #2
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

how did you make them hostile? just reload before you makee them hostile.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 06:41 PM   #3
sultan

a quick search on the topic indicates that most people feel you should either

a) reload from before the event causing hostility (eg killing a trang)

b) move on with just an umpani alliance

c) if the hostility is caused because you didnt pay off heli, then you can use the alliance letter out of your inventory (ie click on it in the inventory window, then click on exit with it as your cursor) and click the item directly onto z'ant. although i've never tried this, apparently it works to complete the quest. i dont know what it means to ongoing play, tho.

good luck!
Old 09-07-2003, 07:11 PM   #4
Dyntheos
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have been in this situation a few times. Clicking on Z'ant with any of the quest items you need to complete a quest accesses the dialogue you require and completes the quest.

HOWEVER.

IF you click on him again, even after securing an alliance with the umpani and have rodan and drazic, he will still go spycho on you. SO basically one "good" converstation with z,ant per quest item if he discovers your're double crosing him.
Dyntheos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 08:59 PM   #5
rbeane1
The Magister

I tried and tried to give him the letter but we go to combat mode before I can give it to him so I just killed him but now i cant get rid of rhodan or
the trang.
rbeane1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 02:10 AM   #6
sultan

rbeane - i believe it is a trick of the interface. you have to grab the item from your inventory/character window and then click on z'ant while the item takes place of the cursor. it's difficult to explain - can someone do a better job than me?

if you've already killed him, and need to get rid of rodan, i believe you should be able to dismiss him like any other character, which is by clicking on the black box-like thing in their picture from the character/inventory window.

although, i'd be surprised rodan would still be in your party considering z'ant is hostile...
Old 09-08-2003, 07:39 AM   #7
Krull
Zhentarim Guard

Yes, happened to me as well. I had paid off He'Li as well.

After I had clicked the Chaos Molari on him and got the money and experience from him, I clicked on him again and he set his troops on me. After a tough fight I slaughtered everyone in that room and got saomething like 250k experience.

However, when I left the room, I bumped into a patrol who ignored me. They were shown as yellow, rather than green, dots on the radar. I spoke to one of them and they attacked me so I killed them also. Interestingly, Sadok the shopkeeper, stayed green when I went next to him.

Snag is, I've lost all that experience in bringing the T'rang and Umpani in an Alliance. Oh well, the Umpani will be pleased.
Krull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 06:55 PM   #8
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

I ticked off the T'Rang once, but have no idea how it happened. I generally avoid Heli except for the first encounter. I found out you can click the next quest item on Z'Ant if he lets you approach, but that one time it was instant battle time. If you kill off the T'Rang, you may be stuck with Drazic and Rodan for the rest of the game. I did that successfully, wasn't too bad but not my first choice.

[ 09-08-2003, 06:57 PM: Message edited by: Ziggurat ]
Old 09-08-2003, 07:23 PM   #9
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziggurat:
you may be stuck with Drazic and Rodan for the rest of the game.
There is a way to get rid of them.
SPOILER
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;;
;
In the swarm, Get rid from them of any stamina regenerating item, then run as fast as possible until either one or both is unconcious. then immediately go to marten bluff. you'll notice one of them is missing. the other one will then move out of your party. Note : you may never ever be able to find them anymore.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 11:44 PM   #10
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

No big loss!