Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2003, 10:01 PM   #21
cav_again
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Gangrell:
Final Fantasy VII was like the stepping stone for game graphics and RPG's at the time, but now a lot of people look down on it because they didn't play it when it first came out and usually compare it to other games which you can't do. Same goes for Grandia and other RPG classics.
he's right; unfortunately, I was too young and missed the PnP D&D era, so FFVII was what got me into RPGing (that, and Wild Arms, which I preferred to FFVII at the time). Now I've grown into D&D style games (I cannot find a group in my area to PnP with).
Old 09-24-2003, 11:21 PM   #22
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Firestormalpha:
Hmmm Might Black & White 2 improve on such factors? Maybe even give the power to take possession of your creature and act through it from a FPV?
Don't hold your breath. B&W2 looks great, yes, but I don't think they is going to be that much new material. I'm guessing that what they're advertising now is about all the game is going to feature: better detail and the option to construct walls and train soldiers.

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Lothar:
Halo was overrated. It had a lame plot, boring repetitious combat, and lame weapons. The only redeeming feature was the Warthog...lots of fun with it...
I'll agree with you that it was overrated. I think Halo had 3 TV trailers by the time it came out. I'll also agree with you that the Warthog is probably the best part of the game, but everything else.. no. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
maybe because they say it's overrated because you can't play it on gamespy? I don't know I didn't play some of the games there.
I do believe NWN's online default host is gamespy.

Quote:
Originally posted by Beoulve:
As for Black and White, I don't feel that's overrated at all. I hadn't even heard about the game until an expansion was made for it. It went under my radar, hence, it is not exactly able to be overrated.
Same here. Never heard anything on it until I saw a review on TechTV one night. I thought the idea of flinging people hundreds of yards for leisure was pretty neat, so I went out and bought it (well, technically, I received it as a gift, but I picked it out [img]tongue.gif[/img] )
Old 09-25-2003, 04:44 AM   #23
Azimaith
Manshoon

Bah, as you can see I despise gamespy, their multiplayer sucks, their file planet sucks, their ads suck, their everything is just like putting a red hot poker in your eye. In short, gamespy is one of the worst things in my opinion to happen to multiplayer gaming in terms of lag.
The Democrats bash the Republicans and the Republicans bash the democrats, now everyones got mud in their eyes and they can\'t see what matters.<br />Check out this site: [url]\"http://www.thehaca.com/about.htm\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.thehaca.com/about.htm</a>
Old 09-26-2003, 09:17 AM   #24
cloud ff7 38
User suspended until [Nov26]

A lot of those games i dont agree with (EX. neverwinter nights, morrowind, Halo, Final Fantasy 7, Dungeon Siege) I dont go to gamspy site a lot but i dont think i ever will now it sounds terrible and they probably a bunch a of half-bit gamers who are out to get revenge in some way to get games to sell less.
Old 09-26-2003, 08:46 PM   #25
HolyWarrior
User Suspended for 2 weeks by Ziroc [Dec30]

How can POR2 and Daikatana be overrated when everyone thinks they're crap?
Old 09-26-2003, 08:55 PM   #26
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by HolyWarrior:
How can POR2 and Daikatana be overrated when everyone thinks they're crap?
Well, PoR never had a sequel I don't think, but I can tell you why Pool of Radiance was bad.

It was the only actual "RPG" game that I've ever known that has more fighting in it than Bg2 and ToB combined and has little to no interactions at all. Don't get me wrong, the graphics were excellent as was the storyline, but I could only bring myself to play it once all the way through.
Old 09-27-2003, 01:07 AM   #27
GokuZool
Lord Ao

I think this list needs a few corrections.

25. Neverwinter Nights
24. Super Mario Sunshine
23. Battle Arena Toshinden
22. Starfleet Command Series
21. Morrowind
20. Impossible Creatures
19. Battlecruiser 3000AD
18. American McGee's Alice
17. The Getaway
16. Mortal Kombat
15. Dungeon Siege
14. Dead or Alive 3
13. Battletoads
12. Unreal II: The Awakening
11. Pools of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor
10. Halo
9. Donkey Kong Country
8. Lara Croft: Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness
7. Final Fantasy VII
6. Blinx: The Time Sweeper
5. Quake II
4. Daikatana
3. Enter The Matrix
2. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
1. Black & White
Old 10-08-2003, 01:19 AM   #28
HolyWarrior
User Suspended for 2 weeks by Ziroc [Dec30]

POR is the original AD&D Gold Box Game released in '88. POR2: Ruins of Myth Drannor is the buggy piece of dog plop that was released last year.
Old 10-08-2003, 03:01 AM   #29
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Since I opted for an Xbox and left Nintendo for the first time in a decade and a half, I don't know about Mario Sunshine. But, if it's at all like Super Mario 64, I'm sure it was AWESOME. I don't think any game ever struck me as much as Mario 64. Stunning for its time. Plus, that N64 controller was SO COOL!!!!
Old 10-08-2003, 03:33 AM   #30
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Well, show and tell moment eh?
Oki, they show us their opinion, I can show them my arse.. We both each of our own at least.

Oki, so I can agree to some and to some I totally disagree.
In my opinioin though most computer games should be up here cause they are all hyped up to be the "best thing since the wheel".

Pool of Radience game though should be in the category that Win ME is. Official product worse then virus

Don´t eat the yellow snow