Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2002, 07:27 PM   #31
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

LOL, Khazadman, you are a good one with a phrase. But, Willow is right, if you go back and read the women's sufffrage crap, though I do believe in women's suffrage and equal opportunity and all, women like Emmaline Pankhurst wrote that when womenhad the vote, wars would be obsolete because no woman would vote to send her son or husband off to be killed. Nice prediction, Ms. Pankhurst.
Old 10-23-2002, 02:04 AM   #32
SpongeBobTheDestoyer

I don't know about women ruling the world, but my wife does rule our home. And here she comes, I better log off.
Old 10-23-2002, 02:28 AM   #33
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Downunda:
Not only will it leave more time for us guys to watch the footy but...

quote:
Kim Campbell, former Prime Minister of Canada, offered a solution to today's scandal-riddled world: women leaders. "The qualities that are defined as masculine are also the same qualities that are defined as the qualities of leadership. There is virtually no overlap between the qualities ascribed to femininity and those to leadership." Yet in several studies, Campbell said, "results show that when you have a critical mass of women in an organization, you have less corruption." Peru and Mexico have even implemented initiatives based on such thinking. And Campbell warned that "lest you think that all we aspire to for the world can be accomplished by male-dominated organizations, I have only to say to you: Enron, Taliban, Roman Catholic Church."
[/QUOTE]What are you talking about Downunda. Women already rule the world.

The hand that rocks the cradle.......

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 10-23-2002, 05:08 AM   #34
WillowIX
Apophis

But why are there so few female leaders in todays countries? Is it because women are not that interested in politics (it is in my case ) or is it the old holding the strings theory? Now imagine the USA had a female president at the moment. All sheŽd have to do to finish the trouble with Iraq is to call Saddam up. You know "If you scratch my back, IŽll scratch yours [img]graemlins/showoff.gif[/img] ". Problem solved [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Now back to the no wars thingy. In the old matriarchal societies men were burned at stakes to increase the fertility of land. Who was the greek god of war? I definitively think men finds it more interesting with guns and such though. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2002, 05:13 AM   #35
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Japanese Sumo wrestlers have boobs too, but i sure hope they never get to rule the world.
So fat men = women? Johnny do you have something to tell us perhaps? About your social life I mean? [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Nah, you already know everything....i think.
Old 10-23-2002, 10:36 PM   #36
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
All I care about is Downunda sending me a New Zealand girl. She can have her way with me no problem [img]smile.gif[/img] Downunda any idea how much shipping will cost?
The sheep is on its way.