Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2001, 09:38 AM   #21
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Warm (((((((((HUGS))))))))) Lioness.

Tell us about your grandma.... it may help, and I would like to know about her anyway, since she was such an inspiration to you. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-25-2001, 09:56 AM   #22
Lioness
Jack Burton

Well, here goes...

She was an artist, she painted for her living, mostly watercolor. Her pictures were so beautiful, I especially liked the landscapes ad flowers. She would sometimes paint simple things, just a chair, or single rose, etc. She was always so healthy, up until a few months ago, when she was diagnosed with lung cancer, for she had been a smoker most of her life. She had a beautiful garden, and she could often be found there, when she wasn't in the studio. She enjoyed working outside, planting weeding, feeding the birds, and relaxing ont he porch. Her backyard is beautiful, it is a long slope running down to a river, with woods on one side, and a quiet street in the fromt. I wrote the poem "The River" in her backyard, I think I posted it here once. Her painting was an inspiration to me, not as an artist, but as a writer. Her home, woods, and river were my favorite places to write, and the paintings in her studio often gaveme ideas as well. She was so incredibly loving, and so caring to all her large family. When her brother-in-law died, she took in her sister, who has a serious case of altzheimers. She cared for her with such kindness, though it put such a strain on her. She was always helpful and energetic, even in the last month, she would do the dishes, cook supper, start ot clean, it became a challenge to get her to rest. She wanted to accomplish something in her lifetime, and I think teh best way she saw to do that was to raise her children and grandchildren to have good morals and be good people. We all owe so much to her and loved her very much. Now I want to post the poem I wrote here, for her...

[i]The River
The River in your backyard may be,
A River that runs to the sea.
Ever moving, ever changing
On its way to the sea.
To the sea,
To the sea,
Tiny whirlpools, raging currents,
Bringing boats that hold you and me
To the sea

Thanks for the idea Fljotsdale.
Old 11-25-2001, 10:18 AM   #23
Fuzzy Animal
Zhentarim Guard

I'm sorry about your loss. I lost my father in February of this year due to respitory failure. Be strong. Remember Happy Times!!
Old 11-25-2001, 10:25 AM   #24
Barb
Symbol of Cyric

My condolances.

Wystan Hugh Auden (1907-1973)

Funeral Blues

Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone.
Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone,
Silence the pianos and with muffled drum
Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.

Let aeroplanes circle moaning overhead
Scribbling in the sky the message He is Dead,
Put crępe bows round the white necks of the public doves,
Let the traffic policemen wear black cotton gloves.

He was my North, my South, my East and West,
My working week and my Sunday rest
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever, I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one,
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun.
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the wood;
For nothing now can ever come to any good.
Old 11-25-2001, 11:38 AM   #25
Hesperex

My sincear condolances to you Lioness. The passing of a loved one is always difficult. Just remember, she has passed beyond the eternal barrier and is now everlasting and you can rejoin her someday...not for a long time I hope but someday [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-25-2001, 12:10 PM   #26
Pain-Wrath
Banned User

My deepest condolances lioness. I lost my grandpa 4 years ago. Was sad, he had a heart attack, then a blod clot in his right leg, they amputated it and then another heart attack, cept this one had death on it. I'm sorry to hear what happened.

-Steve
Old 11-25-2001, 04:59 PM   #27
Jorath Calar
Harper

My grandmother died 2 years ago of a heart attack, it was so sudden. we all thought she was so healthy, and no one suspected anything was wrong. Then one day she was gone.
I still miss her, she was such a wonderful person.

Again my deepest condolences, Lioness. I know how hard it is for you.
Old 11-25-2001, 09:42 PM   #28
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

You have our deepest sympathies Lioness. It is always hard to lose someone you love. Just remember you have folks around you who care and will listen if you need to talk. It doesn't do any good to hold grief inside, so talk to your parents and friends. Mostly though, remember the good times and the laughter.

God Bless and Take care...

"The night sea rolled in from far Tortuga, from Tahiti from Bora Bora, from the Marquesas, from a thousand sun drenched places where I will never walk. Where high tropical skies burn a blue that I will never see. But, all the light I need is here, with those I love,
Who shine...."
-Dean Koontz
Old 11-25-2001, 11:09 PM   #29
Tananda
Elminster

Very sorry to hear this, Lioness
My deepest sympathies. Be strong, dear.
You know, the beautiful poem post by Melusine holds true - our loved ones do not die, they just go to some better place. Howewer, going away they leave a part of them with us - staying in our hearts and giving us a lot of wonderful memories...

Big hugs
Old 11-26-2001, 01:29 AM   #30
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Gosh, sorry to hear that Lioness. You have my sympathy and prayer. Just know she's in a better place. If you ever need to talk... please just let me know.
\"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.\"<br />-General George Patton (1885-1945)<br /> <br />Member of CLAN HADB<br />Founder of The Anti Clan Coalition