Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2004, 04:23 AM   #1
Vampire

I just had my toughest battle. At level 49, I expected not dying too often you know... and in this side quest I died 11 times before killing the darn enemy in a one-one fair fight.

I always thought myself as tactically experienced, killing an Orgrim at level 4, killing Umbra at level 12. Didn't need potions to kill Almalexia...

But this one takes the piss!!!! Killed 11 times!

I am a thief-mage with almost 400HP. I wear Lord's Mail, and Wraithguard wielding Trueflame.

*****spoilers*****

so I go on the Crimson Plague Quest.... find the lich and just rush in to wack it as you do against spell casters.
I got him down to 40% HP when I just died...

So I thought: "ah tough spellcaster, better take some healing potions this time"

Rushed him again, and didn't even get near him... one single spell killed me.

Tried it again 6 times... his spells do fire-posion for 200-500 dmg!!!!

So I thought, lets dodge his nuke spells until he runs out... So I got a pillar between us and his spells just kept hitting the pillar.

Great! 5 minutes later, he is still nuking away!!! Unlimited spells!

Grrrrrr

So I thought, screw the sword. Lets see who's nuke is better. So I got my own Red Dragon Breath (50-150 fire dmg 30ft rad) and went in a spell battle.

It took 13 of my own Red Dragon breath spells to kill the stupid thing and I drank something like 10 exclusive healing and 8 magic restoring potions as well as regenerating at 40HP/sec constantly....

I mean for ME this is by farrrr the toughest fight!!!!! I mean I have 30% reflect and 25% magical resistance as well as 85% fire resistance.

My other tough fights:

1) This one above --- Lich Gedna Relvel
2) Lich King Barilzar --- casts 100% blindness and wacks hard!
3) Imperfect --- Massive robot in Sotha Sil

What about everyone else? I hear the lich at Fort Firemoth is a tough cookie too. Any NPCs we "shouldn't fight" that are tough? Like Vivec or the King of Morrowind?

Old 06-28-2004, 04:55 AM   #2
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Well for me killing Vive was easy. And I guess the fight you are refering to would be easy, as I didn't let Vivec hit me with a single spell, and I wield a sword, not magic. I don't know, I'll have to try it. I'm not home right now, but later when I get there I'll post my level and equipment and you can tell me what I might kill....
I'm begining to feel like Umbra right now, help!
Old 06-28-2004, 06:26 AM   #3
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I have 75% magic resistance, no single opponent is really tough. I've just had my first encounters with werewolves in Bloodmoon, and they're easy too. I don't know if the final battle is going to be a tough fight yet, otherwise there isn't really a tough opponent in this game once you reach a certain level.
Old 06-28-2004, 11:28 AM   #4
Vampire

how do u get 75% magical resistance? Is everything you wear contributing to magical resistance and nothing else?
Old 06-28-2004, 02:01 PM   #5
promethius9594
Drizzt Do'Urden

no, there is a light cuiress in tel fyr that has, um, is it 50 or 65% magick resist?
Old 06-28-2004, 05:58 PM   #6
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

So here's my diety:
Breton Damage Disciple
Level 34
Equipment:
Wraithguard - 10% shield, 20% reflect, 50% blight resistance, 10% fire, magic, frost, poison and lightning resistance constant
Divine War Helm(daedric helm of god) - Restore Fatigue 13 and Health 25 for 10 seconds
Roguehand(daedric left gauntlet) - Chameleon 100% on 3 seconds, open 100 on touch
Divine Retribution(daedric cuirass) - Fire 11 for 5 seconds on touch, Fireshield 45 for 5 seconds on self
Divine Protector(daedric towershield) - Constant 45 snactuary
Winged Greaves(daedric greaves) - Levitate 10pts for 5 seconds
Faerie Fire(daedric left pauldron) - 20 light for 20 seconds in 20 feet on target
Striders(daedric boots) - Restore 23 health, jump 100pts for 1 second
Soulseeker(daedric right pauldron) - Detect animal 90pts for 2 seconds
Teeth of Urshilaku - Constant resist paralyze 10%
Ring of Azura - Constant 20 nighteye and restore fatigue 3pts
Moon-and-Star - Constant fortify speechcraft and personality 5pts
Belt of the Hortator - Constant +20 to magicka
Azura's Direst(exquisite shirt) - Constant +12 speed
Azura's Expedition(exquisite pants) - Constant +12 speed
Ring of Recovery(exquisite ring) - Constant restore fatigue 2 and health 4
Icingblade(daedric longsword) - Paralyze 2 seconds, Frost 35 dmg, 2-44 normal damage
Holy Avenger(daedric claymore) - 77 fire damage and 15 seconds soultrap, 1-60 normal damage

This is what I got. Now please tell me where can I have some fun.
Old 06-28-2004, 06:14 PM   #7
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:
how do u get 75% magical resistance? Is everything you wear contributing to magical resistance and nothing else?
I wear the Cuirass of saviour's hide, and also some kind of enchanted ring. No wizard or mage can hurt me with his spells.
Old 07-02-2004, 03:04 AM   #8
uaciaut
Dungeon Master

Is your character an archer or a mage, cause light armor doesn't give you much defense
&lt;a href=\"http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/\"<br />title=\"Get Thunderbird - Reclaim Your Inbox\"&gt;&lt;img<br />src=\"http://sfx-images.mozilla.org/affiliates/thunderbird/thunderbird_blog1.png\"<br />width=\"94\" height=\"15\" border=\"0\" alt=\"Get Thunderbird\"&gt;&lt;/a&gt;
uaciaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 12:20 PM   #9
Oruboris

How does one trigger the crimson plague quest?

Oru
Oruboris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 11:53 PM   #10
DalekBoy
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Bozos of Bones:
So here's my diety:
Breton Damage Disciple
Level 34
Equipment:
Wraithguard - 10% shield, 20% reflect, 50% blight resistance, 10% fire, magic, frost, poison and lightning resistance constant
Divine War Helm(daedric helm of god) - Restore Fatigue 13 and Health 25 for 10 seconds
Roguehand(daedric left gauntlet) - Chameleon 100% on 3 seconds, open 100 on touch
Divine Retribution(daedric cuirass) - Fire 11 for 5 seconds on touch, Fireshield 45 for 5 seconds on self
Divine Protector(daedric towershield) - Constant 45 snactuary
Winged Greaves(daedric greaves) - Levitate 10pts for 5 seconds
Faerie Fire(daedric left pauldron) - 20 light for 20 seconds in 20 feet on target
Striders(daedric boots) - Restore 23 health, jump 100pts for 1 second
Soulseeker(daedric right pauldron) - Detect animal 90pts for 2 seconds
Teeth of Urshilaku - Constant resist paralyze 10%
Ring of Azura - Constant 20 nighteye and restore fatigue 3pts
Moon-and-Star - Constant fortify speechcraft and personality 5pts
Belt of the Hortator - Constant +20 to magicka
Azura's Direst(exquisite shirt) - Constant +12 speed
Azura's Expedition(exquisite pants) - Constant +12 speed
Ring of Recovery(exquisite ring) - Constant restore fatigue 2 and health 4
Icingblade(daedric longsword) - Paralyze 2 seconds, Frost 35 dmg, 2-44 normal damage
Holy Avenger(daedric claymore) - 77 fire damage and 15 seconds soultrap, 1-60 normal damage

This is what I got. Now please tell me where can I have some fun.
i hear hell is good this time of year........ jk