Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2002, 01:12 AM   #211
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Legolas

Uneasily, almost reluctantly, he spins around to see that winged creature take off for the sky in a split second. Why would it be following him thus, and for what reason this persistence? The vision of Steeplewood Forest creeps back to his mind and he replays the scenes that remain entrenched in his memory ~ So heartachingly, hauntingly, enchantingly beautiful... ~ At this, he glances to see Sorsha's surprised but unworried face. If anything, she seems amused and he knows how she wishes she could touch the bird's feathers to stroke them.

Only time will reveal the intention of the bird... strange as it sounds. Looking around, he realises that he does not really care about the group dynamics taking place. Perhaps it is part of Sorsha's magic, to draw him away from all other matters.

He smiles to himself wryly, accepting his fate, and continuing to be the passive observer.
Old 07-15-2002, 01:17 AM   #212
mistral4543

Sorsha

She had never been able to accept unpleasantness, especially among relative strangers. It meant conflict, ugliness, disharmony. Now, Addison's words seem to echo in her ears and seeing Sir Blandamour's quivering moustache, she instinctively shuts her eyes, seeking to blot out the sight of an argument. It is only with a supreme effort that she keeps her hands from flying to her ears to cover them from what is to come.

Inwardly, she wonders ~ When can I be rid of this mundaneness, earthly troubles? ~ But it only shows her selfishness, her desire to throw her responsibility away. She bites her lips in frustration, hoping that the air will soon be clearer.
Old 07-15-2002, 01:23 AM   #213
mistral4543

Isaura

Concern now flows freely in her veins as she witnesses her sister's vulnerability ~ Perhaps I was wrong to refuse her request... she certainly couldn't rule a kingdom with such an ostrich attitude. ~ Then blinks her eyes ~ Ostrich? What ostrich? ~ So perhaps she had seen this exotic-sounding creature in her youth, too ~ Cease your meanderings, Isaura! Focus! ~ She grits her teeth, breathing heavily ~ I think it might just be too unfair to Sorsha as well as the people, to force her to be the ruler. ~ Glancing at Gudrun ~ I wonder... ~ Shaking her head resolutely ~ There you go, just as irresponsible as you accused Sorsha of being! ~ She inhales deeply ~ You'll have to assume the leadership until you find a WILLING replacement... and that's final.
Old 07-15-2002, 02:42 AM   #214
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

OOC>>Cerek, its Verloren, not Velrun
IC:
Verloren
Verloren glanced around at the group, there seemed to be a great deal of tension flowing between everybody. Rubbing a ruby set in Isak's hilt distractedly, she muttered a small spell under her breath, then let out a long, peircing whistle.

"I know not why my father has this vase," she said, not speaking to anyone in particular, "But when we return to the castle, I will gladly take it from him. Mayhap he will go mad and throw himself off a bridge without it!" she allowed herself an evil chuckle. Then stopped abruptly, glancing around, noticing the odd looks. She shrugged them off and waited.

Not a minute later, a loud clattering of hooves was heard coming towards the party . A large stallion of 17 hands, with a silver mane and ebony hide, loped up the hill and skidded to a halt in front of her, nickering happily. She smiled and hugged his massive neck.

"If we are to make camp here, then I will find a suitable place to wash myself before we leave, if you have need of me, simply whistle." She sighed and trotted down the hill in search of a river or lake, Thorlosh following.

OOC>>G'night everyone! Looking forward to ur posts
Old 07-15-2002, 07:18 AM   #215
Cerek the Barbaric

OOC>> Sorry about getting your name wrong, LadyBlue. I had meant to check back through the thread to make sureI got it right not, but it was late when I Posted and I didn't take time to do it.

Mistral, that will actually work out very well. I'm about to add a little plot twist and it would make perfect sense for Ni Deng to travel with Addison.

Kellen finally awoke to the sound of high pitched laughter and the a constant buzzing in his ears. He opened his and sat up, too quickly. The youngling sprites that were dancing around his face zipped off in different directions at the sudden movement.

As Kellen sits up, he could still hear a constant buzzing, but he now realized that it had nothing to do with the rapid beating of the faeries wings. The buzzing was inside his head and showed no signs quieting anytime soon. The swirling patterns of light caused by the flying faeries didn't help his condition either. He closed his eyes and pressed his hands against his temples.

"Please make your sword sing."
"Oh yes. Please make it sing.
"Please, please, please, please, please, please."

The younger sprites had come back to dance in front of his face, begging him to show them his BladeSong dance.

That was about the LAST thing Kellen felt like doing, but he couldn't resist the innocent, hopeful looks of the young sprites. Besides, he didn't expect they would give him any peace until he consented.

Standing slowly, he pulls his katana out of its scabbard. He has to use it to hold himself up until the small glen stops spinning around, then he slowly starts the BladeSong.

It was difficult at first. His movements were awkward and hampered by the remnants of dwarven ale ~ whew, NEVER drink dwarven spirits again, he chided to himself ~ at first, but as he went through his practiced routine, his muscles began to respond to the familiar pattern.

It took longer than normal, but the blade finally started spinning faster and faster and then - it began to whistle. The sprites jumped and danced in delight and chased the blade playfully. The physical exertion and the low, friendly whistling of the blade helped to clear Kellen's head. The blade moved faster and his head began to clear even more.

By the time he was finished, he was feeling almost as playful as the sprites. The last remnants of dwarven ale's influence had been purged from his system and he finally felt like himself again.
Old 07-15-2002, 08:27 AM   #216
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

SIR BLANDAMOUR (To Addison) "Take the course that seems best to you, sir. As for me, my duty is my own, and violence is a soldier's occupation. I would have done the same for any of you, for I would not sacrifice a comrade's life for a mere vengeance, since our little captive is free." (To Eliza) "Come, now, get the horses ready. We ride on the hour."
Old 07-15-2002, 09:25 AM   #217
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

LADY GALADRIA "I will accompany you, Sir Blandamour. My duty lies in the freeing of those unhappy captives. Lady Clarenox is one of them, is she not? And, she your only sister?" (Glances at Addison) "I know, duty seems harder than a stone, sometimes, does it not? But, we Paladins must be experts on evil, for we deal with it on a daily basis, and shades of gray will creep in, be we never so vigilant."

[ 07-15-2002, 09:26 AM: Message edited by: Galadria ]
Old 07-15-2002, 09:35 AM   #218
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

LILYBLACK (She lies on a luxurious couch on a balcony overlooking a steaming jungle. The light is failing and the leaves dissolving from sharp detail into a lush green blur. One orange flower stands out, like the star in a performance surrounded by the dances of the chorus. She is dressed in the briefest of silk nightclothes, her mind sated with the pleasure that had preceded this. The dying light catches the white jewel at her throat, sparking it into sudden fire. The scar on her face only serves to make her more exotically beautiful, though it would not be a good thing to tell her so. She becomes aware of an insistent desire to consult her magical scroll. Someone is trying to contact her! She stubbornly resists for a while, trying to recapture the moment, but, failing, sulkily rises and picks up the thing with distaste. It says, only: "Come to Tarashia at once, my Lady. Sir Bors has need of you.)

[ 07-15-2002, 09:36 AM: Message edited by: Galadria ]
Old 07-15-2002, 10:13 AM   #219
Cerek the Barbaric

Addison bursts out laughing at Lady Galadria's reply.

"It is not Sir Blandamour's duty that has appeared to be "hard as a stone" of late."

Then in a more serious tone....

"And "shades of grey" appear to have, indeed, "crept in". Your passion for Blandamour is plainly as obvious as Eliza's, yet you have had to deny your feelings and simmer with quiet rage as they have become less and less....discreet....with thier affections. I suppose that explains your willingness to resort to violence so quickly. Since you cannot strike at your true foe, you must satiate your fury elsewhere.

And since you are "an expert on evil", are you not bothered with the bargain struck by Sir Blandamour to save his paramour. You will honor the promise to steal from the lands lawful ruler and hand over a powerful item of magic to an evil dragon - even though there is no need to do that.

After the events of Korup-Shun, you said that paladins recognize evil and are allowed to fight it by whatever means necessary. If that is so, then you should be under no obligation to "honor" Blandamours agreement with a creature of maleveolent evil, such as the dragon. And if you claim that his individual honor would be tarnished by going back on his word, then how does he reconcile that with his honor to serve the Order?

It was my understanding that his superior sent him here to aid the king in rescueing his daughter, which we have done. Would it not tarnish his honor to now go back and steal from the king, even though his daughter is safe?

Forgive me, you are correct. My understanding of evil is obviously imperfect. Therefore, as I said, I feel it is best that I take my leave of your company. I'm afraid my presence will only serve as a hindrance to your goals and desires, so it is best to part before that happens."
Old 07-15-2002, 10:45 AM   #220
mistral4543

OOC>>> Excellent posts! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] Keep up the great work, everyone
Closed Thread