Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2002, 10:40 AM   #11
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Isaura

The promise of the fair paladin brings much cheer to her spirits and the party continues on its way, careful to look out for treacherous beasts lurking about. Perhaps it is their size which deters a direct assault, for they manage to move on with little hindrance.

At long last, when the sun has yawned and retired for its well-deserved rest, the companions, too, search for a relatively safe site with which to set up camp.

Isaura watches silently as Sorsha hurries about, hunting for edible nourishment besides the berries they had gathered along the way. Drawing out her dagger, she studies it with barely contained excitement as she waits for an opportune time to seek Galadria's tutelage once more.
Old 06-22-2002, 10:53 AM   #12
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

LADY GALADRIA "All right, Isaura, this looks like a good place for a lesson. Now, since we don't have a lot of time, let me show you how to defend yourself. Assault comes later. Now,hold your dagger in your right hand (You are right-handed, correct?) Put your left hand behind you, like this. Knees and elbows bent at all times. Now, there are eight basic positions that an attack could come from. They are in some frog-eating language that I have never bothered to learn, but the sword-masterfs insist, so I shall, also. They go from prime, as high as you can reach) to octavo. the lowest. Since we may be meeting wild animals, let us concentrate on tierce about eye level, cartejust above your waist, quinzejust below, and sept, down around your knees. All right, I am attacking, go.
"No, try to strike my knife aside, don't try to get my hand. That's called a parry. That's better. When I bore in like that, lock your hilt on mine. That's a [binde, not that any woves will have a hilt. Go for their eyes, instead. Good! One, two, three..."(After an half an hour, Isaura is exhausted but acquainted with the basics of knife fighting.)

[ 06-22-2002, 10:54 AM: Message edited by: Galadria ]
Old 06-22-2002, 12:18 PM   #13
Ar-Cunin
Ra

OOC: I have been forgotten [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] + EDIT for sig

IC:

Sanael Ganahr

From his position next to the fire he observes the training

"All I can say is - lets hope that she won't have to do any serious fighting in the near future - she still have a lot to learn"

[ 06-22-2002, 12:46 PM: Message edited by: Ar-Cunin ]
Old 06-22-2002, 01:23 PM   #14
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Ar-Cunin:
OOC: I have been forgotten [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] + EDIT for sig

IC:

Sanael Ganahr

From his position next to the fire he observes the training

"All I can say is - lets hope that she won't have to do any serious fighting in the near future - she still have a lot to learn"
OOC>>LOL, [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] Watch it Sanael, you'll get a stray knife from the lesson. Don't worry, Eliza has though up some new insults for you. You'll be getting enough action when Attalus posts next. You, too everybody.
Old 06-22-2002, 02:12 PM   #15
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

GREENTUNIC (He goes to his daughter's bedside, noting the fresh staining of the herbal compress. Shaking his head, he casts healing magic upon her and sees some improvemnt. Hopefully, he pries th bandage back, but the great rent left by Blandamour's holy sword remains. He goes out and sounds a huge horn. Druids and wolves begin to close in on the party. A giant silver wolf is the first to arrive, and he rushes madly into the campground. Seeing Sanael laying, apparently defenceless, he rushes for him, great jaws a-slaver. More wolves near. A skanky-looking druidess, seeing Skye looking defenceless, casts Enchanted Pebble against her. Elif(sorry, pm me your char's name and I'll edit it in) sees two smaller wolves heading for him, and Harrison is attacked by two similar. Galadria and Isaura are suddenly ringed with three moderate-sized wolves, and Legolas and Sorsha are set upon by a druid who attempts to cast Shambling Mound. You two have the initiative, however.)
Old 06-22-2002, 03:34 PM   #16
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

LADY GALADRIA (She feints at one of the wolves with the knife that she is holding. As it falls back, she accurately flings the enchanted blade into the wolf menacing Isaura. The blade, divining its weilder's intent, fills the wolf's veins with deadly poison, causing it to writhe helplessly on the ground. In the confusion, she seizes her sword and whirls about. The third wof has launched itself at her, but she spits it with her blade. The second wolf, recovering, attacks again but is no match for her well-directed strokes, its teeth failing to penetrate the dragonscale that gives her armor its distictive coloring. She whirls about, seeing the others engaged.) "Come on, Isaura, we must help them."
Old 06-22-2002, 09:28 PM   #17
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

OOC>> Ooops! My humble apologies, Sanael. [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

IC>> Addison surveyed the situation and began casting. His ESP had warned of the druids attack, but the wolves were unexpected and the attack had come too swiftly to warn the group or set up adequate defenses.

The first wolf lunged for Addison's neck as he was casting, only to bite nothing but thin air as the mage suddenly appeared two feet to the right of the wolf. With the protection from his Cloak of Displacement cancelled, Addison could do nothing to avoid the attack of the second wolf. Fortunately, he had been casting Stoneskin on himself each day in Korup-Shun. The wolf eliminated one layer, but he still had a couple left.

As he finished his first spell, a small, yellowish globe appeared in his hand. He quickly tossed this Minute Meteor towards the druid attacking Skye. It landed right in front of her and exploded in a small ball of fire. Both the druid and Skye were thrown back by the blast, but the the druid took the brunt of the damage.

Addison then began casting a spell to handle the two wolves attacking him. He turned around so that both wolves were in front of him as he said his incantation. As the wolves leaped for him again, a long stream of flame erupted from his hand, burning them severely and setting their fur on fire. They turned to flee into the woods, but their burning fur finished them off before they made it very far.

OOC>> I have several more Minute Meteors to release. I will distribute them among the enemies as needed. I will also cast Melf's Acid Arrow at the "skanky druid" attacking Skye. It will do a total of 10-37 points of damage. That, along with the Meteor, should hopefully finish her off.

[ 06-22-2002, 09:45 PM: Message edited by: Cerek the Barbaric ]
Old 06-22-2002, 10:22 PM   #18
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

For TAO and Raymond – TAO gave me the OK to post for her character here

The Steeplewood Forest

“Whatever the disturbance was it has passed,” Ligeia says. Her eyes have grown brighter and there is a note of disappointment in her voice. “Your teacher should be here soon,” she says to Raymond. “She will come with Iphigenia who is the first among us.” Unable to resist the desire to lighten the young man’s seriousness she winks at him and adds, “And she is even less fond of the title ‘lady’ than I am.”

Ligeia’s laughter is still ringing in the night air as a tall woman with long black hair steps out from one of the great trees. She is followed by TAO. She smiles to Ligeia before turning to the young man. "You, I believe, are named Raymond. You are welcome here."
Old 06-23-2002, 04:05 AM   #19
Legolas
Jack Burton

Legolas

The elf is amazed by the way the wolves and druids had managed to sneak up on them, but knows there is time to think on that later. In one fluid movement, he snatches his longbow and an arrow from his pack and glides in front of Sorsha, instinctively seeking to protect her.
The ranger wonders if they should not take a prisoner, but his arrow is already speeding towards the druid's chest. He runs after it, readying his bow for another shot. The arrow flies away almost before the first strikes the druid. Still he keeps running. As he approaches his unlucky adversary, he pulls free his knife and plunges it between the two arrowheads, utterly destroying the heart.
The ranger turns first to make sure Sorsha is safe, and hastens back towards her.
Then, just before he can reach Sorsha, he hears a woman's voice in his minde sheer volume makes it feel as if his head is bursting apart, and he collapses to the ground, no longer breathing...

OOC: Like the 'puter; it's much faster compared to the old one
Sugar rush...
Old 06-23-2002, 04:07 AM   #20
Legolas
Jack Burton

OOC: Cerek, save your spells

IC: Ni Deng

Feeling slightly insulted because he was left out, the old man rushes to the druid targeting first Skye, then the elf Legolas with her magic.
Her eyes were still staring off into the distance from the last casting, and Ni Deng had no trouble hitting her.
She struggled to have her eyes focus on him as he punched his fist into her stomach. She doubled over, and the 'gardener''s other hand hit her head from the side, palm first. He hit her head yet again, this time with a solid fist coming from below. The force of the blow straightened the druids back and caused her eyes to snap open again.
She struggled to have her eyes focus on him as he punched his fist into her stomach. She doubled over, and the 'gardener''s other hand hit her head from the side, palm first. He hit her head yet again, this time with a solid fist coming from below. The force of the blow straightened the druids back and caused her eyes to snap open again.
She collapsed to the ground, unconscious...
Closed Thread