Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2002, 10:25 AM   #171
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Isaura

She gives Sorsha's right arm a gentle squeeze ~ "It'll work out, somehow." ~ Trying to keep her tone reassuring ~ "Doesn't that happen all the time, in all the tales that have been sung by the bards?" ~ Blinking as she catches the swift look of alarm that flits across her sister's face ~ Did I say something wrong? ~ But the moment passes, and she relaxes as the colour returns to the waif's face ~ "We're ready when you are, Sir Addison." ~ She put on her bravest smile and faced the mage, bowing reverently.
Old 07-12-2002, 10:29 AM   #172
mistral4543

Legolas

It was not easy for Sorsha to have to force herself through an experience she was not likely to enjoy, and here she was, striving to prove herself a supportive member of the group. The thought brought a warm smile to his lips and he nodded at her, approval shining in his twinkling eyes. Stepping towards her protectively, he whispers in her ears ~ "Don't worry. I won't let you out of my sight." ~ It is the first time he has made such an obvious statement, and his cheeks redden somewhat, momentarily. Clearing his throat, he reaches for his bow subconsciously, his fingers strumming the string habitually ~ "Aye."
Old 07-12-2002, 12:23 PM   #173
Cerek the Barbaric

Seeing that everyone was in agreement, Addison led the way into the hidden entrance. The four companions have to stoop over to get through the first portion of the entrance, but soon come to the more open part of the tunnel. They are not yet close enough to see the wyrm, but they can feel his presence in the very air. A sense of dread and awe seems to creep into their very bones and they all stand still for a moment.

Addison forces himself to focus on the task at hand and ignore the eerie feeling of doom. He reaches into a large, square pouch at his side and withdraws a silk rope that is much longer than the pouch should be able to hold. As he hands the rope to the other 3, they notice six metal clips hooked around it.

"Clip yourself to the rope so that we don't become separated. As long as you are attached to the rope, you will be within the range of my protection spell and the dragon's acidic breath will not harm you."

The three eagerly comply.

"After I cast the protection spell, I will cast another spell to make us Invisible. The invisibility will last as long as you don't strike at the dragon.

As per Blandamours instructions, I will concentrate on freeing the princess and getting her out of the cave, most likely by coming back this way. Once she is safe, I will return to see if Blandamour needs aid, but somebody will need to stay with the princess and watch over her {He glances briefly at the two sisters. He knows from their thoughts that neither is very anxious to face the dragon}"

Seeing no objections or suggestions to alter the plan, Addison begins. He removes the necessary components from his pouch and begins casting. As he completes the Protection from Breath Weapon spell, a faintly shimmering globe appears and begins to expand outward. After a few feet, the companions can no longer see the shimmering hues in the darkness of the cavern. Next, Addison casts Mass Invisibility. This time, it is the companions themselves that seem to shimmer and then slowly disappear.

"OK, follow my lead" Addison says quietly. "The princess is on the opposite wall. We will go around behind the dragon and stay close to the wall until we are near enough to reach her. Once there, I will wait for Blandamour and Galadria to distract the beast before attempting to free her.

Be wary once we enter the dragon's lair. The sense of dread you feel in the air is the from the aura of fear that all dragons project. DO NOT flee or cry out. That will only alert the him to our presence. If the fear threatens to overwhelm you, try to close your eyes and look away. That will make it easier to overcome. All right - here we go."

The three feel the rope pull taut and follow it's lead. As they enter the cavern, the site of the black dragon causes them all to involuntarily freeze in their tracks. The sheer size of the beast is unbelievable, and the glistening black scales that cover its body hold them momentarily entranced as the light reflects of the powerful muscles underneath the skin. Despite his own warnings, Addison finds it almost impossible to breathe, much less move. It feels as if the very air is being pulled from his lungs by the majestic sight before him. The dragon's head lies near the entrance of the cave. It is only a few dozen feet, but it looks to be over a mile away to the companions.....as does the far wall.

They realize they will have to cross the open area behind the dragon to reach their goal. That thought is more terrifying and seems more impossible than trying to traverse a 1000ft crevasse by walking across a rope. After what seems like an eternity to Legolas (who isn't affected by the Dragon Fear as badly as his colleagues), the rope pulls tight again and they make their way across the cavern, coming within just a few feet of the wyrms giant tail. They then walk along the far wall as quietly as possible.

The princess is not far ahead. Her nude form is manacled to the stone far too close to the dragons head for Addisons comfort. He is extremely thankful for his spell of protection now. Just one look at the dragons reptilian head makes Baz'guul look harmless in comparison.

Once they are close enough to see the princess, Addison notes with surprise that she is half-elven. Perhaps that explains the king's willingness to sacrifice her. Maybe he doesn't consider her worthy to rule because of her mixed heritage. Well, that is a matter for the king and princess to resolve. All Addison and his friends have to do is get her out of this cave and give her a chance to resolve it.

He reaches back, placing a hand on Legolas' chest, signalling him to stop. They will wait here for Blandamour. He also puts his finger to his lips, signalling for them to remain quiet. Then he realizes that they can't see the signal since they are all still invisible. He shakes his head in embarassment and looks towards the entrance - watching for the paladins."

OOC>> I'm going to wait for Blandamour and Galadria to make their move before attempting to rescue the princess.
Old 07-12-2002, 12:30 PM   #174
Ar-Cunin
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by Cerek the Barbaric:

And the lady druid felled by Sanael never even had a chance to begin her attack.
"Actually she managed to fire one arrow at me - I just didn't allow her to fire any more, Addison. Perhaps you think I should allow a few more tries next time I'm ambushed - just to be more sporting. And I could stand absolutely rigid, so that I'm easier to hit."

Sanael appears to consider - and continues - his voice still sounding sarcastic.

"Yes - next time I'll allow myself to be hit. That way I can be certain that I'm being ambushed.

"Oh - and I'm going to follow Sir Blandamour - thank you so much for allowing me to choose myself. Most likely he won't protest if I actually have to shoot at the poor Dragon."

EDIT: Cerek posted before me - just pretend that I posted before him [img]smile.gif[/img]
And since I'm with the Knights - I'm going to await their actions.

[ 07-12-2002, 12:34 PM: Message edited by: Ar-Cunin ]
Old 07-12-2002, 06:25 PM   #175
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

SIR BLANDAMOUR (He strides carelessly into the open gape of the cavern. He hears and smells the dragon before he sees him in the murk. As his eyes adjust to the gloom, he sees th huge black form, and his gaze is met by huge shrouded eyes. He does not feel the dragon fear, for, as a paladin he is immune to fear magic.He bellows) "Kinn'zuwannik, I am here." (He draws his sword, but does not attack.)

KINN'ZUWANNIK (In a cold, evil voice) "Well, it seems that you have come through alll of the obstacles that I have placed in your way, Sir Blandamour of the Iron Arm. And with companions this time! Are you growing old, after the manner of your kind? Do you fear me so, that you must bring women and elves to stand between my claws and you? That does not sound like you, at all." (He inhales, a horrifying sound, but Blandamour continues to hold Cold Iron negligently over his shoulder.) "Ha, your nerves have not gotten worse, at any rate. Let us see what corades you have brought." (He surveys them each in turn.) "Hmm, an Elf, of the forest. Did game get so scarce, Ranger, that you miust hunt for bigger game?" (He shifts his gaze.) A woman paladin. How frightfully amusing. And, she yearns for you, Blandamour. Did you know of this? Is that how you got her to come in against me?" (The great head swivels again.) "And, you brought your leman! What a delightful surprise. Do you tire of her, seeking to trade me for my Princess?" (Here, the long, black tongue caresses Gudrun lasciviously. She shreiks.) "For, she is a princess too,your whore. That must be a divine experience! But, I shall not trade, for I want a thing that her father stole from me."
Old 07-12-2002, 06:30 PM   #176
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

ELIZA (Shrilly) "Shut your snout, dragon, if all you are going to say are lies. I am no whore."

LADY GALADRIA (She says nothing, except that her blue eyes burn coldly, and she shiofts her sword into a fighting stance.)
Old 07-12-2002, 06:37 PM   #177
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

SIR BLANDAMOUR (He puts his free arm out to restrain the furious little redhead. He does not want to get into a fight before the princess is out and safe. But, he knows how well dragons can spot weaknesses in their opponents.)

KINN'ZUWANNIK (Roars) "Don't you dare lie to me, slut! I can see the illicit coupling written all over you two, just as I can see through the pathetic deceptions of your pink-armored companion. If you do not like the name, avoid the action. But, spare me your hypocrisy." (to Blandamour) "So, then, Sir Knight, what is it to be, battle over your strumpet's sesibilities, or do you wish to discuss it?"

[ 07-12-2002, 06:38 PM: Message edited by: Attalus ]
Old 07-12-2002, 08:10 PM   #178
mistral4543

Sorsha

At the thunderous roar of the dragon, she jolts on the spot, her hands flying to cup her mouth from emitting any involuntary cries of terror. The humongous beast is magnificent to behold, indeed ~ A dragon... I'm actually seeing a dragon... ~ Glad that she has silenced herself and is not babbling like a simpleton. Looking up, she realises that she is barely higher and than the dragon's knee when it is in an upright position.

And now, watching the dragon's acute perception and intelligence, she cannot help but shiver once more. How Sir Blandamour, Galadria and Eliza can remain so calm is beyond her comprehension. She glances about wildly, hoping to receive instructions from her other three companions. But because all are now invisible, she realises wretchedly that she will likely have to count on her own wits to pull herself through.

The dragon's belly continues to heave up and down as he rants on at the paladins and Eliza. She forces herself to breathe slowly and softly, waiting with bated breath.
Old 07-12-2002, 08:11 PM   #179
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

OOC>> My first post! I'll keep it short, so if theres anything i get wrong, plz PM me

IC>>
GUDRUN
Gudrun pressed herself against the wall, as far away from the dragon as she could get. She watched fearfuly as Kinn'zuwannik advanced slightly on the small party in front of him, about to barter for her father's precious vase in place of her life. What made the vase more valuble to her father then herself, she didn't want to know. If only she had her swords...but no, she was manacled tightly to the wall, and the worm had her gear safely guarded farther back in the cave with the rest of his treasure. She listened intently to the diaglog between paladin and dragon, praying to Torga'nath for her life.

OOC>>These will get much better as i go...its exactly the same as writing a book
Old 07-12-2002, 08:15 PM   #180
mistral4543

Isaura

The first thought that fleeted across her mind when she beheld the black dragon was ~ We're all going to die. ~ True, that might have showed how little she trusted the capabilities of her companions, but the sheer size and superior mental abilities of the magical beast could not be undermined. Her gaze had slowly travelled up its glittering legs, onto the huge glistening black scales, and then up its neck... only to be interrupted by a shriek of outrage and agony.

And so, she had turned towards the direction of the scream, to see a naked woman chained close to the dragon. Instantly, she felt herself blushing in the dark and she looked away instinctively, knowing how humiliated the princess must surely be to be seen in such a compromising situation.

Yet there was a difference between rescuing the maiden and rushing into certain death. And now, with Addison and the rest completely invisible, she did not quite know what to do. All she knew was that they were the closest to the dragon and would be the first to die if it spotted their presence...
Closed Thread