Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2002, 09:58 PM   #1
Kerneth
The Magister

Finally got this game, and I'm working my way through the single player campaigns with a half-elven fighter who I just took Paladin (level 4 fighter, level 1 paladin). Now, he's specialized in bastard sword, hence the fighter levels, but I find myself wondering something. I opened up the DM toolkit and saw a few cool bastard swords listed, but...are there any in the single player game, and are there any manufacturable bastard swords?
Kerneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 10:05 PM   #2
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

there are some nice ones in the game, and using the DM toolkit you can make any weapon do anything, like a holy bastard sword, keen(raises critical hit %), vorpal, you can have it do spell effects when it hits, the sky's the limit, however it does have to be under the lvl 20 required character level in order to ever be legally usable, otherwise you have to open a multi game and diasable item level restrictions, or change the NWN.ini to disable it
Old 07-17-2002, 08:57 AM   #3
obelix
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Who´s the holy bastard who owns the sword? (Sorry, couldn't resist)

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

In chapter 4 I got a Dragonslayer. Definitely useful just before the final encounter where you have to fight two lizzies at the same time.
obelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2002, 02:46 PM   #4
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Oh, i love bastard swords [img]smile.gif[/img] . My lvl 20 gladiator specializes in both long sowrd and bastard. I got DragonSlayer in chapter 3, and a cool one called Bloodletter in MoonWood. It has vampiric regeneration and other cool stuff(so it glows red muahaha)
Old 07-17-2002, 02:57 PM   #5
MagiK

*&^%&^^% Bastards!

Old 07-17-2002, 03:04 PM   #6
DraconisRex

Bastard sword? What, parent swords not married...
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?<br /><br />Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur.<br /><br />Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
DraconisRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2002, 05:34 PM   #7
Kerneth
The Magister

I just stuck a feat in Weapon Focus (Greatsword) and realized it would've been a lot smarter to go longswords and bastard swords if I'm going to use 2 different weapons. Too bad can't change feats midgame. Sigh.

Anyway, packing a harbinger kin greatsword atm so at least it's better than the bastard sword +1 I had been using. Wish the silly smith would upgrade my bastard sword though.
Kerneth is offline   Reply With Quote