Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2003, 11:42 AM   #1
Piestrider
Zhentarim Guard

Okay, here's my problem. I downloaded the patch for IWD 2 that was supposed to fix all the known bugs. My problem was in the list of known bugs but it still seems to be happening. Here's what's going on: (Warning Spoiler Ahead)
Spoiler
I'm in Dragon's Eye and I found that guy's sword on the third floor. I brought it back to him, he resurrected, went in to dialogue mode, told me where he threw the root and left. Then, I went to where the root was supposed to be (according to him and to a walkthrough) and the root was not there. I patched my game and the problem still persists. Am i doing something wrong here?
Old 02-08-2003, 12:14 PM   #2
J'aran
Mephistopheles

No, you're not doing anything wrong. This particular bug doesn't seem to get fixed by the patch, even though the list says otherwise... sometimes the root is there, sometimes it isn't. Seems to be random. I always use the cheat-console or ShadowKeeper to get it. Although a reload might help as well, never tried.

[ 02-08-2003, 12:16 PM: Message edited by: J'aran ]
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 08:54 PM   #3
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Just to make sure ... (spoiler inside) .....

After you are shown where Nheero's dead companion threw the mandrake root, you need to go back to Nheero and tell him that you returned the sword. Then make sure you go down to the Wyrm cave and kill the wyrm and recover the root. If you go down to the cave BEFORE the root won't be there.

If you are doing all that, and the root STILL isn't there, you will have to use the cheat codes to create the root. I posted the cheat code for the root in an earlier post. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 11:22 PM   #4
Piestrider
Zhentarim Guard

Not only did I go down there before I recieved the quest, but I also killed the wyvern while I was there. Maybe that had something to do with it.
What did they expect me to do? I mean, here was this perfectly good cave and just for the record the wyvern attacked ME first.
I hate it when they do stuff like that to you.
Old 02-10-2003, 08:29 AM   #5
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

That might be the reason but the mandrake root should still appear in the container in the northwest part of that cave. IIRC, the wyvern doesn't drop it. Try looking again, if its not there then you'll have to use the cheat codes.

This is one area where they should have had one of those magical locks installed near the entrance of the wyvern cave so you can not access the cave until AFTER you get the sequence showing where Nheero's buddy dropped the root.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 07:10 PM   #6
Piestrider
Zhentarim Guard

What's the cheat code for the root and how do i put it in?