Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2004, 02:37 AM   #1
IronThroneLoyalist
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm in the middle of the Viconia romance. I've never done this one before (always done the Jaheira romance), and was wondering if at all at some point in the romance she gets an alignment change? I'm asking because I'm sick of reloading the bloody game after she decides she wants out of my party! The last romance dialogue I got was the one where she asks me if she ever told me how she left the Underdark (the one where Jaheira interjects and I have to choose between Jaheira and Viconia, naturally I tell Jaheira to push off!).

I also have a save edited by shadowkeeper in which I turned the Jaheira romance back on (just in case!), but the Viconia romance is still active (after that last dialogue I told you about). Here are my list of questions:

1)Once again does Viccy change alignment at all, or should I just let her go and just turn the jaheira romance on again?

2)Would changing Viccy's alignment ruin the romance at all?

3)After I told Jaheira to "push off" does that mean the romance is over, EVEN though I turned her romance variable back to "1". (Viconia's is still at "1")

4)Just out of curiosity, since I turned the Jaheira romance back on, would that mean I can go on with both romances at the same time?

I know there are a lot of questions, but any help would be highly appreciated.
Old 06-23-2004, 03:41 AM   #2
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Hmm. Anything you do with Viconia from the start doesn't really affect anything whatsoever. You can babble and let them squabble (Viconia's hard to shun away from the beginning) but once she talks about her brother you better be cool and try to sympathize a bit with her.

1.) It's a spoiler, but I won't recommend that you change Viconia's alignment. Besides it ruins the game. Don't change Jah's romance variable too! What are you playing safe? Come on! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

2.) Look up.

3.) You tell Viconia to push off EARLY in the romance, no. If you tell anybody else to push off, it's over.

4.) No, if both are on, I think the game will check, and you might end up repeating the same dialogue that will make you choose (am not sure with this one). There is of course a way to have all romances on... hehehe
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 04:00 AM   #3
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

Sounds like you have EOU with multiple romances turned *on*. Here are some Viccy tips. You can be pushy and downright mean to her early in the romance. Once she starts talking about her brother, LOOK OUT... do NOT dis her brother. If you do dis her brother the romance will go into a dialog where Viccy sez "it just won't work out" and tries to leave the party. Do NOT LET HER LEAVE THE PARTY!!!! You should get a dialog option to beg her to stay in the party. If you haven't begged her yet, you better do so now. Keep her in the party all the way to the end. And if you have ToB installed, the romance will restart when ToB starts.
BTW, if you have multiple romances activated, all romances you started in SoA, will restart in ToB.

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 05:04 AM   #4
IronThroneLoyalist
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The problem is that I am going down the good path. Since Viconia is Neutral Evil, she hates the fact that she has a reputation of 20! It isn't because I've been mean to her, she wants to leave because she's the only evil character in my party! When she wants to leave she says "the next time we meet, it will be in battle!". There is no dialogue option for me to beg her to stay (perhaps you are referring to a later romance dialogue).

I have ToB installed so I know that the romance will continue (if I play my cards right). Is there any way to keep her happy AND continue down the good path? Please help, because I need some Drow lovin'.
Old 06-23-2004, 11:13 AM   #5
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Just keep your rep to 18. You cannot go to 19 and up because you will lose your evil chars. plus the incessant whining of those neutral characters also. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Try to kill a civilian. hehehe have her kill it so it still has this role-playing aspect hehehe that's what I do. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-23-2004, 06:01 PM   #6
IronThroneLoyalist
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm thinking of just scrapping the whole Viccy romance and try again with Jaheira. I've already used shadowkeeper to switch the variable values so that the Jaheira romance is the only one I'm involved in. I've tested it and the next Jaheira LT dialogue did come up (I had to shorten the time counter to 5, so that I wouldn't have to wait), so I know it works.

Perhaps the next time I want to romance a Drow, my PC should be something OTHER than a Lawful Good Cavalier! That would seem the most sensible option from a role-playing aspect.
Old 06-24-2004, 08:19 AM   #7
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

Never played a smarmy paladin type. Can you turn into the Slayer? Do that a couple of times, and Viccy will be back in the rack. Well,, at least she won't leave the party.LOL.

Old 06-24-2004, 08:52 AM   #8
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

SPOILER
.Of course they can turn into the Slayer... it's part of the storyline and the game.

[ 06-26-2004, 12:46 PM: Message edited by: Bahamut ]
Old 06-24-2004, 09:01 AM   #9
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

Light Bulb

Quote:
Originally posted by Bahamut:
Of course they can turn into the Slayer... it's part of the storyline and the game.
A cavalier may not *want* to turn into the Slayer because of role-playing considerations. I personally would do(and did) just about anything to keep Viccy around.

Old 06-24-2004, 11:51 AM   #10
Jorath Calar
Harper

Sigh, I was going to try the Viconia romance, unfortunatly I also took Keldorn... and he killed her!
Damn that goody two shoes...

[img]smile.gif[/img]
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote