Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2003, 12:10 AM   #1
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Harvest Moon 64, obviously on the N64. Have any of you played it? I wish they had made a revised version on one of the later consoles; the only thing they would need to revise would be the length of one day. Did you know it takes a whole day to feed your animals and water the plants?

One other game, one that has been recently distributed to the public, called MechAssault. I'll post more on this later, my eyes burn of exhaustion at the moment, and I feel I need a few hours of rest before school comes around tomorrow.
Old 01-07-2003, 12:28 AM   #2
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

i nominate Ranger X for the forgotten cool game award. Best explosions i've ever seen in a platform game and it had a jet-pack system similar to Gun Valkyrie and Tribes, but was made waaaay before they came out. It also was one of the few Genesis games to feature actual 3-D graphics like starfox in some of its cutscenes and was really impressive for its Era... + The Tunner-burrowing gun was AWESOME! weeeeeeeeeeeeeee -EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE -EEEEIIIIII!!
BLAMADAMABLAMAKABLAMABAMABAMABAAAARRRMMM!!!!

what's not to love about big explosions with nice 16 bit sound effects a cool bike-to-man-to-plane transformation systerm and a neat 6-button setup [img]tongue.gif[/img] It goes in my book as Best shooter EVER!

though Einhander runs a close second due to Yushigi Fuki's Music, Einhander was like Ranger X but more 3-D with less transformations and big explosions... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-07-2003, 12:35 AM   #3
Chewbacca
Zartan

Suikoden 1 & 2
I love this Playstation rpg series for all the mini-games, the castle you get, and the 108 NPCs called the stars of destiny that join your party! Oh yeah good stories too!

Suikoden 3 for the PS2 is out now! I Haven't finished it yet.
Old 01-07-2003, 08:26 AM   #4
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

Tenchu:stealth assassin 1&2 for the PS1 get my nomination. You get points based on stealth , not hack and slash.
Old 01-07-2003, 09:52 AM   #5
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Nanobyte:

One other game, one that has been recently distributed to the public, called MechAssault. I'll post more on this later, my eyes burn of exhaustion at the moment, and I feel I need a few hours of rest before school comes around tomorrow.
MechAssault is a great game, esp on the Live network.

Another game I'm having fun with is Enclave. It is a throwback to when games used to be hard, lol. Even replaying a level is no guarntee of it being any easier.
Old 01-07-2003, 01:22 PM   #6
Sigmar
Unicorn

Body Harvest, THE cult classic of the N64. Alongside Silicon Valley it was one of my favourtite games...God bless DMA.